Henrikov is avoiding cash games

• henrikov
      henrikov
      Bronze
      I plan to start a new poker journey after I have been away from the "poker scene" for a while. Before my last retirement I played a lot of poker, but was probably break even over all. Ok It is fun with poker, but I would like to make some money out of it as well. So this journey will include a lot of studying for sure.

I will start with a bank roll of $1000 and play MMT and SnG. The BuyIn for MMT will be at maximum $10 per tourny and I guess I will start playing 10$ Turbo SnG. I will mostly play on poker sites within european union because the swedish tax authorities are pretty aggressive on players that play on sites outside EU. I will not have any monetary goals. I will just try to play the best poker I am able to and study a lot of poker literature, read and write hand analysis in the forum, watch training videos etc. And the most important of all I will NOT play cash games!!

Who am I? I'm a guy living in Sweden with my girlfriend and two kids. I´m 37 years old and work as a business consultant at an IT company. Due to my family status and my job I will not have like 20h sessions playing poker. It will be more balanced. Ok, If I go really deep in a tourny I guess I can be late for work because I have a pretty flexible job.
  • 6 replies
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey henrikov!

Welcome back!

sounds like you have a plan? Good!

Maybe you could start a blog? It's a nice way to keep track of your progress and it's nice place to post hands/graph/... plus you get in contact with a lot of members!

You already have your opening post here all you need now is a catchy name.

Oh btw since you haven't played in a while you could try some lower BI SnG's just to get into in and then move to the $10.

Regards

RasTweet
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      im not very good with SNG and MTT BR management but i'd suggest to start with lower BI's, 100BI BR for Hyper SNG's and MTT's sounds very aggresive.... one wrong swing an you can easily go busto
    • Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      Mtts are super swingy would advice atleast a 200 bi br for every limit you play.

SKV SUCKS! =D
    • henrikov
      henrikov
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RasTweet
      Maybe you could start a blog? It's a nice way to keep track of your progress and it's nice place to post hands/graph/... plus you get in contact with a lot of members!
      t
      Will do!!

Originally posted by zumpar
      im not very good with SNG and MTT BR management but i'd suggest to start with lower BI's, 100BI BR for Hyper SNG's and MTT's sounds very aggresive.... one wrong swing an you can easily go busto
      I guess it is aggresive, but I will go down to lower BI if I run bad.

Originally posted by Saren113
      Mtts are super swingy would advice atleast a 200 bi br for every limit you play.
      SKV SUCKS! =D
      Regarding MMT, I mostly play $3-$5 tournies and sometimes I play $10s. I prefer to start playing around 8pm (when the kids is asleep) ans I don't want to play until the morning. Because of the tight time slot I have to select tournies I probably should skip if I could start playing whenever.
    • henrikov
      henrikov
      Bronze
      I actually have a bigger BR now. Run really good in SnG $10 tonight. ROI 37% after I have played 60 of them :D
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Nice run! :s_thumbsup: