[NL2-NL10] nl2 hero AccTh

• MeAmor22
      MeAmor22
      Bronze
      hy,
      Party, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 7 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP2: $2.29 (114.5 bb)
      SB: $3.89 (194.5 bb)
      Hero (BB): $2 (100 bb)
      MP1: $2 (100 bb)
      BTN: $2.27 (113.5 bb)
      MP3: $0.94 (47 bb)
      CO: $0.42 (21 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A T
      5 folds, SB raises to $0.06, Hero calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.12) K Q 3 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.08, Hero folds

Results:
      $0.12 pot
      Final Board: K Q 3
      SB mucked and won $0.12 ($0.06 net)
      Hero mucked A T and lost (-$0.06 net)

His stats are:
      20/14/1.7/72 vpip/pfr/Af/3bet/hands
      1)Pf i think i should have 3bet for value if i am considering he is stealing weak.
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop we can only 3bet for value if we think that villain could continue with too much worse hands. I doubt that this guy is going to call A8/A7 or so, so 3betting will be as a bluff. I think our hand is too good to turn it as a bluff though, so I like calling here.

We will probably need some postflop stats - how often does he cbet on the flop and turn and so.
      Against a guy that tends to bet a lot on the flop and to give up a lot on the turn I think we can call here having the backdoor FD and a gutshot plus overcard here.
      If he is the kind of player who only bet when they have something we can just fold this one.

Best,
      Plamen
    • MeAmor22
      MeAmor22
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kymupa
      Hello,

Preflop we can only 3bet for value if we think that villain could continue with too much worse hands. I doubt that this guy is going to call A8/A7 or so, so 3betting will be as a bluff. I think our hand is too good to turn it as a bluff though, so I like calling here.

We will probably need some postflop stats - how often does he cbet on the flop and turn and so.
      Against a guy that tends to bet a lot on the flop and to give up a lot on the turn I think we can call here having the backdoor FD and a gutshot plus overcard here.
      If he is the kind of player who only bet when they have something we can just fold this one.

Best,
      Plamen
      He has only 72 hands and he cbet flop 75%(4) but on turn i dont have stats but at agg stats he has on flop 31%(13) adn Turn 20%(5).
      ty
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      So not big enough sample size but:

What we can actually assume here is:
      He cbet 3 out of 4 times - so he's probably going to cbet as a bluff quite often. We can't exactly say that he's doing it 75% of the time - he could do it 90% of the time or 50% of the time as well, but it's quite likely for him to bluff bet I think.
      So his range from SB is rather loose in my opinion and he could easily miss the KQx board.

Also, from what he showed so far, he is aggressive on the flop but rather passive on the turn.

So, given the above statements you could consider flatting here since we have the Ac.

NB: These are assumptions. We should not take them as 100% right and change our game dramatically but we could use them as little tells that could probably help us.