[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL5 AKo 08-01-13 (Speed)

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $6.21 (124.2 bb)
      UTG: $3.49 (69.8 bb)
      MP: $14.06 (281.2 bb)
      CO: $5 (100 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $13.91 (278.2 bb)
      SB: $4.93 (98.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K A
      UTG raises to $0.15, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.45, 2 folds, UTG raises to $1.35, Hero calls $0.90

Flop: ($2.77) 3 J A (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $1.38, UTG raises to $2.14 and is all-in, Hero calls $0.76

Turn: ($7.05) 6 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($7.05) 5 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Hey guys been a while since I last posted hands for evaluation, perhaps because I'm not putting enough effort into my game.

Still having loads of problems with my AK hands and I play 6max stupid me, oh well it's fun and fast :P

I just had a feeling when I played this hand that he had JJ,QQ but not sure why I didn't react to it, I think maybe I should have shoved preflop, however it would proberly be overplaying, and when I call I just felt this was wrong...
      The flop was rather grrr for me, I did hit my hand, but I knew that he could easily c/r here with trips, and well after my bet I felt committed...

Villain was unknown: stats not updating properly in HM2 on ipoker networks speedtables.
  • 1 reply
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      why are you calling pre flop?

what kind of a player do you think UTG is? a fish? professional midstacker?

i will be quick to label any non full stack as a fish (not such a good rule nowadays with more midstackers) but still works fine until proven wrong.

what range of hands do you think he raises with UTG? I'm going to guess its 10-15%. if you dont know what this is go to pokerstove or equilab download it and play around with the ranges.

what range of hands would raise and 4bet? usually its QQ+ AK, sometimes weaker hands if hes a fish like TT JJ and even some AQ KQ.

against that range you are doing well so you can just go ahead and shove it in. here are some possible results that would be favorable to you.

1. he had a hand like TT but decided to fold it, TT has slightly more than 50% equity against you and thats good

2. he had a hand like KQ and decided to call it, if you called however, he would have check folded since he didnt hit.

thanks
      CGF