[NL20-NL50] Nl20 Sh Tt

• wesly21
      wesly21
      Bronze
      Prima, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $51.36 (256.8 bb)
      BTN: $16.27 (81.4 bb)
      SB: $35.39 (177 bb)
      Hero (BB): $20.23 (101.1 bb)
      MP: $13.24 (66.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T T
      MP folds, CO raises to $0.60, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2, CO calls $1.40

Flop: ($4.10) 5 7 Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, CO calls $2

Turn: ($8.10) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4, CO calls $4

River: ($16.10) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $12.23 and is all-in, CO calls $12.23

Results:
      $40.56 pot ($2.02 rake)
      Final Board: 5 7 Q 6 8
      CO showed 9 9 and won $38.54 ($18.31 net)
      Hero showed T T and lost (-$20.23 net)

Hi,
      first of all I want to thank a pokerstrategy for hand review forum and note that this is my first hand on the forum.From now on I plan to use it every time when struggling with something.
      Villain is a reg with 21 17 2.3, f3b 54, and call flop in 3b pots 3/3. sample 1k
      what about my bet sizing on the flop and turn? should it be little more and then just give up on the river?
  • 4 replies
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey Wesly!

I'm just going to comment for the river. The rest everyone has a different approach.

So on the river you are basically turning your hand into a bluff? What worse hands are going to call you on the river? I can't see any so basically you are bluffing. I think he's going to show you a lot Qx hands plus and 9x has a straight. 4x as well but he's folding 4x pre most of the time.

Ok so you're bluffing. What better hands do you want him to fold on the river? He's not folding a 9, neither a 4, he's not folding 55-88, QQ+ are probably not folding either. He might fold QJ/KQ but I'm not so sure about AQ and he might fold JJ.

As you can see not many hands are folding so our it's a c/f in my opinion.

Regards

RasTweet
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi

Preflop is questionable. Are u sure u are getting that much value? Are u active preflop? Ehat is ur plan vs a 4bet?

As for ur flop play, u have the option of either check call or bet flop and decide.
      I dont like the turn and river bet. It doesnt achieve anyhing. Plus river and turn cards are coordinating and help some parts of his range like 78 89 68 57 etc.

Since u opted for the bet line i think u must check and decide turn.ehat is his range if he bets? How wide is he floating the flop in the first place? Juz some things to think abt.
    • wesly21
      wesly21
      Bronze
      @RasTweet
      yes I turned my hand in to the bluff. Thank you for elaborating that.
      @mbml
      think my preflop line was ok. I am active pre and don't like calling oop with 99, tt, jj, because if opponent show agg I would fold on the turn. Vs 4bet at this positions I would fold.
      At this moment my postflop play is a leak and i am planing to improve it by reading some articles and thinking more in ranges.

Best regards to both of u ;)
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wesly21
      @RasTweet
      yes I turned my hand in to the bluff. Thank you for elaborating that.
      It's not bad to turn a hand into a bluff, but this was the wrong spot I guess :(

But thats what the evaluation is for.