This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KK vs donk bet on flop

• sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      He calls my 3-bet then leads 7AQ flop I'm definitely thinking he has an ace. He shows his bluff though, I think it was well played. Is this too defeatist with KK?

Full Tilt Poker $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $16.73
      UTG: $3.56
      MP: $5.57
      CO: $2.31
      Hero (BTN): $8.96
      SB: $10.96

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BTN with K:spade: K:heart:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.15, Hero raises to $0.52, 1 fold, BB requests TIME, BB calls $0.47, CO calls $0.37

Flop: ($1.58) 7:heart: A:club: Q:club: (3 players)
      BB bets $0.88, CO folds, Hero folds

Final Pot: $1.58
      BB shows 2:diamond: 2:heart: (a pair of Twos)
      BB wins $1.48
      (Rake: $0.10)
  • 2 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop 3betting is good.

Once BB coldcalls preflop and donks on the flop I think folding is fine. His range consists a lot of Ax hands and I doubt he bluffs here a lot.
      The fact that he showed his bluff is pretty good and I will definitely note that.

Best,
      Plamen
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      Without reads it's a default game because with his donk versus two on A-high board he represents an ace or at least a strong draw (sets would he c\r I think), so if we are behind, we are far-far behind, and if we are ahead, we are slightly ahead. He must have much more draws there than aces and it's a rare case I think. So I would fold here. If we got this note we can then adjust accordingly but without any notes it's a fold.