This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] JJ - 3-Bet Pot - HU IP A2s5s

• Raknyo
      Raknyo
      Bronze
      IPoker Network $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2056154
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $3.80 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 17, 3B: 6, AF: 5.8, Hands: 5254
      UTG: $11.42 - VPIP: 33, PFR: 33, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 3
      MP: $5.03 - VPIP: 40, PFR: 40, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 5
      CO: $1.07 - VPIP: 33, PFR: 17, 3B: 25, AF: 0.0, Hands: 6
      BTN: $5.70 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 9
      SB: $5.79 - VPIP: 42, PFR: 25, 3B: 0, AF: 4.0, Hands: 12

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BB with J :heart: J :club:
      1 fold, MP raises to $0.15, 2 folds, SB calls $0.13, Hero raises to $0.60, 1 fold, SB calls $0.45

Flop: ($1.35) 5 :club: A :diamond: 2 :club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.70, SB calls $0.70

Turn: ($2.75) K :diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($2.75) 3 :spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.95, Hero folds

PF: Should always be squeezing with JJ right?

F: I bet hoping to take it down from worse, protect from KJ+ and prevent myself getting bluffed off my hand.

From a look at my notes, maybe I shouldn't be c-betting here since that A hits his range well so he won't be folding much.

What are your plans for the hand?
  • 4 replies
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Pf sqz is good but not mandatory, mp could be a tight reg, and if they 4bet we fold or they just call we have no idea how good is our card is against them. I would check how many tables they play to guess who is a reg and who is not.

Well obviously have no idea how sb play but i would aim for a checkdown. The problem is Ax can bet kk- won't be very eager, and his range is almost only ax and pp. Once k hits the turn it doesn't change much but even less likely he would just turn his pp into bluff and kq,kk hit so just play c/f.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Raknyo,

Preflop: I'm assuming we are 3-bet/folding vs unknown MP?

I like the 3-bet here because SB looks potentially fishy and we can try to isolate him with a good hand and position (which is exactly what happens).

Postflop: As played the flop cbet is bit thin but we can still get some value from under pairs like 66-TT and draws however villain also has a lot of Ax so I'm not looking to put a lot of money in the pot.

As played, the turn is pretty ugly and there's no real value in a bet so checking back with the intention of folding to any action is fine. Villains river bet looks more like a value bet and without knowing much about him I would opt to fold here as well.
    • Raknyo
      Raknyo
      Bronze
      Would value betting so thinly been your first choice or would you have checked behind, if so what are your plans?

And if you choose to bet thinly, should I have bet smaller, so 1/3 pot instead?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Raknyo,

I would still bet 1/2 pot and look to check it down. The problem with checking back there is that we don't really know how to continue on the turn/river. Do we call one or two bets or do we just fold the turn?