Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

BTN: $5.98 (59.8 bb)
      SB: $12.08 (120.8 bb)
      BB: $10.93 (109.3 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $10 (100 bb)
      MP: $4.80 (48 bb)
      CO: $7.90 (79 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T:diamond: T:heart:
      Hero raises to $0.30, MP calls $0.30, CO folds, BTN calls $0.30, SB folds, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($1.25) 3:heart: 9:club: 2:club: (4 players)
      BB bets $1, Hero ?
  • 5 replies
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Just call, our card is too good to give up now but weak to go raise broke.
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      Yeah, it's one of the possibilities but it's still a conundrum to me...

Vs usual TAG I intend to call vs his donk in multipot but this BB is pretty aggressive, board is drawy and we have many outs against us even if we're ahead (overcards also) & we can't say with great probability we're behind aggressive BB. But definitely calling is one of the options.

Another option is a raise. I think we can stack with one of the shorties but fold to further aggression of BB. Thus we protect our equity in the spot we may be still head with not so low probability.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Greenpiece,

It looks like we have 2 more guys left to act behind us.

It would be important to know the information that we have on them because it can affect our decision.

I see that you posted info on the MP but I do not see any info on the BTN who is a bit on the shorter side (mid stack).

If we were to call, given we don't know much about the villains behind us, we could end up a in a pretty bad spot (with multiple callers) because there are many turn cards that are far from ideal for our hand.

So, without further information here I think that our main options should be raise or fold.

With that being said, over these 200 hands, do we have any other info on BB that could give us an idea about the strength of his hand (he does pot into 4 people so that's usually strong however he seems to pot often and is aggro on flop/turn).
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      Hello!

Unfortunately no further information available, it's not my hand so I just copy-pasted stats that were given to me... With information available I intend to raise, calling one of the shorties and folding if two shorties are AI or if BB continues his aggression.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by GreenPiece
      Hello!

Unfortunately no further information available, it's not my hand so I just copy-pasted stats that were given to me... With information available I intend to raise, calling one of the shorties and folding if two shorties are AI or if BB continues his aggression.
      Hey,

No worries. And what's your plan if BB calls? And what would we raise to?

I'm assuming that our plan would be to just give up on the pot if called (by BB).

This is a perfect example of a spot where knowing more about a villain that we have 200 hands on can really change the way we play the hand. Because he is so aggro we could even go broke versus him (once we raise) although our equity won't be fantastic but if he stacks off with 9x and draws then we still have decent equity overall given the odds.