This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Bovada 10nl 6 max - Raised on the river

• ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      This is from one of my last sessions on Bovada. I'm able to import the hands into HM2 now, but at the time I didn't have any stats on the guy, so my only read at the moment was that he was pretty fishy. Anyway, vs a fishy player, is this an obvious fold?

Playing on Bovada, i know they will call with a lot of ridiculous hands. But when he raises me on the river, i wasn't sure what to do.

Hand Converted by Ace Poker Drills Poker Training Software

NL Holdem $0.1(BB)
      BB ($13.52)
      HERO ($18.92)
      HJ ($7.2)
      CO ($1.61)
      BTN ($9.8)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: A:club:

HERO Raises To $0.3 , HJ Folds , CO Folds , BTN Calls $0.3 , BB Folds

Flop ($0.6) 6:club: K:diamond: 3:spade:
      HERO Bets $0.45 , BTN Calls $0.45

Turn ($1.5) 6:club: K:diamond: 3:spade: A:diamond:
      HERO Bets $0.9 , BTN Calls $0.9

River ($3.3) 6:club: K:diamond: 3:spade: A:diamond: 2:heart:
      HERO Bets $2.9 , BTN Raises To $7 , [color=red]HERO
      Raises To $11.1 [/color], BTN Calls $1.15 BTN shows 4:diamond: 5:heart: BTN wins $18.72
  • 5 replies
    • jon011
      jon011
      Bronze
      The river raise screams for 45 and we never want to put more money knowing our opponent just made a hand.
      But I couldn't fold, because this seems like so unreal hand for anyone's range.
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      without reads on his showdown hands, its a call for me. were only behind 45 and we beat everything else vs the fishe's range. and their range can be anything between TP to worse sets / busted draws.

we bet two pair and lower sets. not an easy call but a call. no need to dissect really how the fish will play because they rarely makes sense
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      1. Estimate what kind of hands Villain will raise on the river. ( KK, AA, 45, or maybe AK, 33, 66, 22 also? )

2. Add % villan will bluff (too low IMO in this board)

3. Is it +EV to call?
    • maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      Hello,

According to pokerstove, you're tremendously ahead of his range even on the river. I don't think I'd be able to fold trip aces here in this situation so I would have called myself too.

Depending on how aggressive our opponent is, we can discard KK and AA because he'll most likely have 3-bet you with these hands and it's unlikely he has AA because you got the other two. He either has a bottom/middle set, 2 pair, or a straight.

You can beat 2 of these hands and you're getting pretty good pot odds for a call so yes I would call here.
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      Thanks for the responses guys, i appreciate it.