Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has A:diamond: K:club:

fold, MP raises to 2.8 BB, fold, Hero calls 2.8 BB, fold, BB calls 1.8 BB

Flop: (8.8 BB, 3 players) K:spade: 7:diamond: J:heart:
      BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets 6.24 BB, BB calls 6.24 BB, fold

Turn: (21.28 BB, 2 players) 2:heart:
      BB checks, Hero bets 12 BB, BB calls 12 BB

River: (45.28 BB, 2 players) Q:spade:
      BB checks, Hero checks

UTG 620 hands, VPiP 19 PFR 16, fold to 3bet 88%.
      BB 26 hands VPiP 46 PFR 26

Is my call preflop IP ok? I almost always 3bet AK especially if OOP, but this time I didnt see the point of 3bet because UTG folds 88%, and if he calls it would be hard to play postflop.
      If that is ok, would it also be ok to call with QQ?

Is my check behind river ok? He could call flop and turn with KQ, KJ, QJ,AT against which I lose, and AJ, QT, or AQ against which I can still bet.

So would it be ok to bet/fold 50% river?
      I was not sure if he calls AQ, AJ flop and turn, so I checked behind.

Regarding his stats, is 26 hands and VPiP 46 enough to tell he is probably fish? It is very small sample, but VPiP is so big, and PFR double smaller. So if I could conclude using stats he is fish then I should have bet river? Then he could have any Kxs hand, or Jx.
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16

I think checking back river is OK until you get a better idea of his calling tendencies. Overall, he should have a good number of better hands and a good number of worse hands which we have no idea if call or not though. I would however bet bigger on the turn. Kx never folds, probably some Jx gets stubborn and there are many hands such as 89s, T9s, ATs, AQs that have their reasonable outs plus could have improved with the flushdraw. At the same time, many rivers make it tough to get value such as A, Q, J, T, 9 and probably all hearts as well. Not because you are beat very often but because we don't know if he calls when his hand strength goes down.