BTN: 81.04 BB
      SB: 100 BB
      BB: 122.12 BB
      UTG: 103.8 BB
      MP: 149.88 BB
      Hero (CO): 148.32 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 9:club: 8:club:

fold, MP raises to 2.8 BB, Hero raises to 9.2 BB, BTN calls 9.2 BB, fold, fold, MP calls 6.4 BB

Flop: (29 BB, 3 players) 9:spade: 6:club: K:heart:
      MP checks, Hero bets 16 BB, fold, fold

Hero wins 27.56 BB

MP 620 hands, VPiP 19, PFR 17, fold to 3bet 88.
      BTN 900 hands, VPiP 17 PFR 11, cold call 3bet 19%.

MP is a guy from my previous post, where I said I dont want to 3bet him with AK because of his too high fold to 3bet stat.
      So this is the case where I want to 3bet and get him to fold. Is it ok?

Is my cbet flop ok? BTN has mostly in range 99-QQ, and AK. MP could call very often with PP because it is 3way.
      So I planned to bet/fold, and give up on turn, and sometimes I will improve on turn and stack him.
  • 3 replies
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      cbet is def good, MP could have a very wide range here, but not really that many kings (id say mostly pp's, mid-high suited connectors, AQ etc), BTN looks fishy but he rarely has a K also, and if he happens to have AK, you have plenty good turn cards that improve you, if u dont, i'd just go for a c/f turn

3bet pre is great if he is folding so much to 3bets, but dont do it so often than he exploits it and starts 4betting u light
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

You are deep with MP, this changes or should change his play vs 3bets. He now can defend more hands given some implied odds post and presumably you have a reasonably wide range. BU seems indeed fishy though in this hand.

I think on the flop you can't do much else than cbet. Your hand is a good one to turn into a bluff because it has equity. I don't expect AK from MP or any Kx from BU to fold here but anything less than that is foldable on many runouts, starting from the flop.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey mlatasrb, moved your post to the hand evaluation section.

about the hand, i think it seems like a good spot for a light 3bet. however maybe choose a hand like Axs or Kxs since they contain the blockers. We want to limit the chances that the open raiser wakes up with AA/KK or AK so blockers ftw.

my 2 cents!
      Lewis.