UTG checks, Hero bets $2.85 (AI), UTG folds

Hero shows 2:heart: 2:club:

Hero wins $4.08

Vs unknown reg playing 16 tables
  • 3 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      What do you think his utg range is when he opens and cb? Hands like 2 overs? JQ AJ KT? Or hands like 88 99 made hands? Or something else? More of which?

Which group of hands are you going to fold out with a small raise on the flop?

I think 2 overs like AJ could find a reason to call a small raise but could have folded if you made it 1 dollar. Nothing much was folding to such a small raise that was in the utg open and cb flop range.

I think the Q Hits his range pretty well and you can check back turn and river for showdown. I don't expect a hand like 88 to fold and there is no need to bluff out a hand like AJ either since you win at showdown.

Thanks
      CGF
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Well i used about half pot size reraise on flop which he just called, this was the main read i was basing my play on

Most likely his card is KK+,JJ-77

Turn bet might fold out some of it but i have to make sure to keep a reasonable size for the river so i followed to plan and even AA shouldn't call that, especially not 88 and him playing 16 tables point to the fact he knows that.

Aj ?

88 ?

Would you call this with 88 in his case ?
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      If you think his range there is 77+ then you should fold the flop. It's a bad idea to try to make him fold an overpair.

I will call 88 if his range was wider and included over cards like AJ QJ etc and probably he has some of it. With 22 I will just set mine and give up to aggression.