NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($7.67)
      Hero ($5.08)
      UTG ($4.93)
      UTG+1 ($5.69)
      CO ($2.24)
      BTN ($6.92)

Dealt to Hero J:spade: A:spade:

UTG raises to $0.15, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.13, Hero raises to $0.55, UTG calls $0.40, fold

FLOP ($1.25) T:spade: 5:spade: Q:diamond:

Hero checks, UTG bets $0.70, Hero raises to $2.02, UTG raises to $4.38 (AI), Hero calls $2.36

TURN ($10.01) T:spade: 5:spade: Q:diamond: J:heart:

RIVER ($10.01) T:spade: 5:spade: Q:diamond: J:heart: 2:spade:

Hero shows J:spade: A:spade:
      (Pre 31%, Flop 46.5%, Turn 28.4%)

UTG shows Q:club: A:heart:
      (Pre 69%, Flop 53.5%, Turn 71.6%)

Hero wins $9.35

• 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks fine but once UTG calls I'd put the breaks on unless we flop a decent hand.

Postfop: Since he raised UTG, and only opens 11% his calling range here is really strong.

He can even have slowplayed monsters at JJ+ so my question to you is why are we going for a ck/raise here? What hands bet/fold the flop versus us here and how is our equity versus his stacking off range?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      QQ-TT,AQs+,AQo+ His range, likely bet them all

QQ,TT,AQs,AQo Most likely stackoff range

I could have gone for push on flop for even more fe maybe folding out his aq too.

We are bit behind but we might make him fold, i was clearly not looking forward to a moderate turn pot if he just calls my cbet.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      QQ-TT,AQs+,AQo+ His range, likely bet them all

QQ,TT,AQs,AQo Most likely stackoff range

I could have gone for push on flop for even more fe maybe folding out his aq too.

We are bit behind but we might make him fold, i was clearly not looking forward to a moderate turn pot if he just calls my cbet.
      Trying to get a nit to fold TP in a 3 bet pot won't end well especially one that goes to showdown a ton over a large sample.

Since he seems passive I'd just cbet half pot.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      If we cbet we are pretty much forced to go broke if he reraises us and it only folds out his ak, sure we might say when he reraises its only nuts and we fold but we have the odds to go broke right there not including rake but even with rake it should be an oddscall.

While c/r is the same commitment we fold out his JJ and maybe his aq, i am not saying he will reliably fold it, but he might. The main problem with it is his bet vs missed cb is rather modest so he might not bet ak,jj anyway, making it a bad move.

Cbet half pot what he most likely won't raise folding out ak right away, maybe jj. +Ev semi bluff, but on turn it will likely ends in a c/f which is alright.

You are right i would clearly prefer c/r line if his bvmcb was higher, but this is not the guy.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      If we cbet we are pretty much forced to go broke if he reraises us and it only folds out his ak, sure we might say when he reraises its only nuts and we fold but we have the odds to go broke right there not including rake but even with rake it should be an oddscall.

While c/r is the same commitment we fold out his JJ and maybe his aq, i am not saying he will reliably fold it, but he might. The main problem with it is his bet vs missed cb is rather modest so he might not bet ak,jj anyway, making it a bad move.

Cbet half pot what he most likely won't raise folding out ak right away, maybe jj. +Ev semi bluff, but on turn it will likely ends in a c/f which is alright.

You are right i would clearly prefer c/r line if his bvmcb was higher, but this is not the guy.
      Exactly,

I doubt he raises the flop without the absolute nuts here so betting 1/2 pot is still a good semibluff. And then we may even get to see a free river sometimes because he is afraid to bet (bc of a ck/raise) on the turn.