Useful websites and descriptions about them

• serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      So I was reading a blog by DeMarcohsp and ran across a few websites he mentioned that I have never heard of and I'm sure a lot of people will probably never see them. I know there is a similar thread on 2p2 but it would be cool to have a thread of our own on here. The idea is to post any useful website that you use often and a brief description about it.

From demarcohsp's blog:
      The Secret Weapon

This is a way of implementing David Allen's best system of life management into Evernote --> in the most awesome system to manage all the things you have to do and wish to do at some point in your life. Just awesome and I'm loving it.

http://www.thesecretweapon.org/

Getpocket

A simple way to save all the articles you come across in day for later reading. It integrates with your phone/tablet and auto syncs - another awesome tool
      http://getpocket.com/

8tracks

My new winamp - an online tool for playing musing from playlists made by others. you select the genre and pick one of the suggested playlists - whatever your taste in music is you will enjoy this tool tremendously.

http://8tracks.com/

I think eventually once this thread gets bigger, we could organize it into categories to make it easier. I will make my list in a bit, feel free to add, and don't be shy if you think it's too obvious, I'm sure there are plenty of people have never heard of it and will be thankful.
  • 5 replies
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      weaktight.com - poker hand history converter. seems pretty popular in the skype groups I'm in.

lifehacker.com - site with useful tips mostly focuses on technology.

tigerdirect.com - site that sells computer stuff, seems like it has pretty good deals right now.

sites to waste time/entertainment: stumbleupon.com, reddit.com, tumblr.com.

gyazo.com - awesome program for quick screenshots, absolutely love it.

Will add more later, just having a brain fart and can't think of anything right now.
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      I actually just found the thread on 2p2. It's full of amazing websites. Is it ok to post here?
    • belthazorrrr
      belthazorrrr
      Bronze
      sure why not
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      Originally posted by belthazorrrr
      sure why not
      want to wait until a mod gives me the ok to post that. I have actually been browsing through some of these for about an hour. found some awesome stuff.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by serverm07
      I actually just found the thread on 2p2. It's full of amazing websites. Is it ok to post here?
      Post away as long as they don't contain any poker affiliates/poker schools etc everything else should be fine :)