This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Useful websites and descriptions about them

• serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      So I was reading a blog by DeMarcohsp and ran across a few websites he mentioned that I have never heard of and I'm sure a lot of people will probably never see them. I know there is a similar thread on 2p2 but it would be cool to have a thread of our own on here. The idea is to post any useful website that you use often and a brief description about it.

From demarcohsp's blog:
      The Secret Weapon

This is a way of implementing David Allen's best system of life management into Evernote --> in the most awesome system to manage all the things you have to do and wish to do at some point in your life. Just awesome and I'm loving it.

http://www.thesecretweapon.org/

Getpocket

A simple way to save all the articles you come across in day for later reading. It integrates with your phone/tablet and auto syncs - another awesome tool
      http://getpocket.com/

8tracks

My new winamp - an online tool for playing musing from playlists made by others. you select the genre and pick one of the suggested playlists - whatever your taste in music is you will enjoy this tool tremendously.

http://8tracks.com/

I think eventually once this thread gets bigger, we could organize it into categories to make it easier. I will make my list in a bit, feel free to add, and don't be shy if you think it's too obvious, I'm sure there are plenty of people have never heard of it and will be thankful.
  • 5 replies
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      weaktight.com - poker hand history converter. seems pretty popular in the skype groups I'm in.

lifehacker.com - site with useful tips mostly focuses on technology.

tigerdirect.com - site that sells computer stuff, seems like it has pretty good deals right now.

sites to waste time/entertainment: stumbleupon.com, reddit.com, tumblr.com.

gyazo.com - awesome program for quick screenshots, absolutely love it.

Will add more later, just having a brain fart and can't think of anything right now.
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      I actually just found the thread on 2p2. It's full of amazing websites. Is it ok to post here?
    • belthazorrrr
      belthazorrrr
      Bronze
      sure why not
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      Originally posted by belthazorrrr
      sure why not
      want to wait until a mod gives me the ok to post that. I have actually been browsing through some of these for about an hour. found some awesome stuff.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by serverm07
      I actually just found the thread on 2p2. It's full of amazing websites. Is it ok to post here?
      Post away as long as they don't contain any poker affiliates/poker schools etc everything else should be fine :)