This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [NL2 SH] AQo BB multiway

• Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $2.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $3.11 - VPIP: 12, PFR: 9, 3B: 0, AF: 2.7, Hands: 254
      MP: $1.56 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 16, 3B: 2, AF: 0.5, Hands: 126
      CO: $0.84 - VPIP: 58, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 4.0, Hands: 38
      BTN: $1.05 - VPIP: 50, PFR: 27, 3B: 14, AF: 5.5, Hands: 30
      SB: $1.94 - VPIP: 37, PFR: 23, 3B: 0, AF: 1.6, Hands: 115
      Hero (BB): $2.00 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 19, 3B: 8, AF: 4.1, Hands: 17447

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with Q :heart: A :spade:
      2 folds, CO calls $0.02, BTN calls $0.02, SB raises to $0.07, Hero calls $0.05, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.05

Flop: ($0.23) 8 :club: T :club: Q :club: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, BTN calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.53) 6 :diamond: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.13, Hero raises to $0.66, BTN folds, SB folds

Preflop I don't feel like 3bettig against such a crowd from BB with AQo. So I call and look at the flop for a very reasonable price with probably the best hand. 3betting would be a bluff without FE most of the time, no?

Flop: I don't like my call. Even though we don't have position on the BU, I think we should raise it close to the pot and give up if someone 3bets.

Turn: on the turn I did just what I should have done on the flop.
  • 4 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop call is good. U may isolate urself vs better if u raise.
      Turn is different. I think his weakbet is much closer to a check so ill raise but snaller. Maybe to 35-40c. Raising so large just makes him fold everythibg
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

Flop call is good. U may isolate urself vs better if u raise.
      Turn is different. I think his weakbet is much closer to a check so ill raise but snaller. Maybe to 35-40c. Raising so large just makes him fold everythibg
      Okay, flop is good, nice. Good play, wrong reason, as always. I think I used to be a poker pro in the previous life, it happens too often :f_biggrin:

mbml, a question please. by raising to 35c we give him 4.6:1 pot odds for a call with a club if BU folds, and 6.2:1 if he calls :f_confused: Why would we want to do that?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I dont think we should always be obsessed abt protecting vs draws.

Instead we shuld be more concerned with whether we can get value or not. If u raised to such a large size u just isolate vs stronger.

Vs some guys i would even check back and give a free card just to pot control and dodge some clubs before putting in another bet on the river.
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      I dont think we should always be obsessed abt protecting vs draws.

Instead we shuld be more concerned with whether we can get value or not. If u raised to such a large size u just isolate vs stronger.

Vs some guys i would even check back and give a free card just to pot control and dodge some clubs before putting in another bet on the river.
      I don't really know, I must be overlooking something...
      • we are 3-handed, the chances of a club are worth to consider.
      • if we check the turn or bet small, we lose the value from clubs that won't call us anymore on the river without their flush.
      • a club would make a mathematically correct play to call our raise.
      • if we check, they might even semi-bluff, which would put as in a tough spot, since we cannot exclude the chance of a made flush.

I'm not going to shove here, so I think if these NL2 guys are used to call with the wrong odds -- they will (with an A or K), no need to correct their mistakes for them.

The only argument for a pot-control that I see, is that we pay less to a made flush. However, the chances of a flush draw are higher than of a made flush, no?

TY