DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $3.11 - VPIP: 12, PFR: 9, 3B: 0, AF: 2.7, Hands: 254
      MP: $1.56 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 16, 3B: 2, AF: 0.5, Hands: 126
      CO: $0.84 - VPIP: 58, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 4.0, Hands: 38
      BTN: $1.05 - VPIP: 50, PFR: 27, 3B: 14, AF: 5.5, Hands: 30
      SB: $1.94 - VPIP: 37, PFR: 23, 3B: 0, AF: 1.6, Hands: 115
      Hero (BB): $2.00 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 19, 3B: 8, AF: 4.1, Hands: 17447

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with Q :heart: A :spade:
      2 folds, CO calls $0.02, BTN calls $0.02, SB raises to $0.07, Hero calls $0.05, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.05

Flop: ($0.23) 8 :club: T :club: Q :club: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, BTN calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.53) 6 :diamond: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.13, Hero raises to $0.66, BTN folds, SB folds

Preflop I don't feel like 3bettig against such a crowd from BB with AQo. So I call and look at the flop for a very reasonable price with probably the best hand. 3betting would be a bluff without FE most of the time, no?

Flop: I don't like my call. Even though we don't have position on the BU, I think we should raise it close to the pot and give up if someone 3bets.

Turn: on the turn I did just what I should have done on the flop.
  • 4 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop call is good. U may isolate urself vs better if u raise.
      Turn is different. I think his weakbet is much closer to a check so ill raise but snaller. Maybe to 35-40c. Raising so large just makes him fold everythibg
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

Flop call is good. U may isolate urself vs better if u raise.
      Turn is different. I think his weakbet is much closer to a check so ill raise but snaller. Maybe to 35-40c. Raising so large just makes him fold everythibg
      Okay, flop is good, nice. Good play, wrong reason, as always. I think I used to be a poker pro in the previous life, it happens too often :f_biggrin:

mbml, a question please. by raising to 35c we give him 4.6:1 pot odds for a call with a club if BU folds, and 6.2:1 if he calls :f_confused: Why would we want to do that?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I dont think we should always be obsessed abt protecting vs draws.

Instead we shuld be more concerned with whether we can get value or not. If u raised to such a large size u just isolate vs stronger.

Vs some guys i would even check back and give a free card just to pot control and dodge some clubs before putting in another bet on the river.
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      I dont think we should always be obsessed abt protecting vs draws.

Instead we shuld be more concerned with whether we can get value or not. If u raised to such a large size u just isolate vs stronger.

Vs some guys i would even check back and give a free card just to pot control and dodge some clubs before putting in another bet on the river.
      I don't really know, I must be overlooking something...
      • we are 3-handed, the chances of a club are worth to consider.
      • if we check the turn or bet small, we lose the value from clubs that won't call us anymore on the river without their flush.
      • a club would make a mathematically correct play to call our raise.
      • if we check, they might even semi-bluff, which would put as in a tough spot, since we cannot exclude the chance of a made flush.

I'm not going to shove here, so I think if these NL2 guys are used to call with the wrong odds -- they will (with an A or K), no need to correct their mistakes for them.

The only argument for a pot-control that I see, is that we pay less to a made flush. However, the chances of a flush draw are higher than of a made flush, no?

TY