DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $4.04 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 11, 3B: 1, AF: 4.2, Hands: 233
      Hero (BB): $2.50 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 19, 3B: 8, AF: 4.1, Hands: 17447
      UTG: $2.44 - VPIP: 56, PFR: 9, 3B: 7, AF: 1.4, Hands: 87
      CO: $3.76 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 18, 3B: 3, AF: 2.6, Hands: 242
      BTN: $2.16 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 12, 3B: 6, AF: 2.5, Hands: 138

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with 6 :heart: 8 :heart:
      UTG calls $0.02, 3 folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.05) 8 :club: 6 :club: 9 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.04, UTG raises to $0.12, Hero calls $0.08

Turn: ($0.29) J :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.28, Hero raises to $0.60, UTG raises to $2.30, Hero folds

I was like "WTH?". Do you limp 7T from UTG? I block some of the pockets, so do you limp pocket 99 from UTG?

Anyway, on the turn I was really disappointed in life, and I went for check-raise, mainly to see where I stand. If he calls -- I assume I'm ahead, if he shoves, I fold.

I just couldn't fold 2P without more info to this fish...and I don't really like my check-raise, but the only better option is folding.

I folded because I will see better 2P, sets and straights way too often.

However, it's just occurred to me...fish loves limping AA! :facepalm:

Anyway, I'm glad I didn't think about AA at that point, and I didn't call. It's better to stay away from these guys with 56 VPIP and 1.4 AF when they start going crazy.
  • 7 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop checking is fine.

I'd pot in on the flop here.
      If you are planning to check/raise the turn then just 3bet/get it in on the flop here.

As played on the flop I'd plan to call him down on turn and river.
      When he shoves I think folding is good. It's hard to think of worse hands playing this way.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kymupa
      Hello,

Preflop checking is fine.

I'd pot in on the flop here.
      If you are planning to check/raise the turn then just 3bet/get it in on the flop here.

As played on the flop I'd plan to call him down on turn and river.
      When he shoves I think folding is good. It's hard to think of worse hands playing this way.

Best,
      Plamen
      Hi,

I can't pot the flop because my bet slider is set to big blinds, and I can bet only 4 or 6 :) 6 looks like an overbet and generates too much FE. I could type 5 cents manually, but I don't think it's important enough to bother (it's like a zero, then a comma or a period, I always confuse, and then another zero and five!).

Are you 3bet-shoving the flop? This would be a huuge overbet! Wouldn't we make everything worse fold?

I didn't want to call the turn because the board has a FD and is pretty connected. It would be unfortunate if his pair would catch a straight or flush on the river.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Well, 0.5bb is 0.5bb and is kind of important. If you think about how much you will win in the long term if you just add this 0.5bb. It isn't the end of the world of course, but if I have to choose between $0.04 and $0.06 I'd definitely choose the $0.06 on this wet board.

When I said 3betting I mean to 3bet like $0.48 or so and play for stacks if necessary.

If we don't want to check/call the turn, then just check/fold it in my opinion. Check/raise/folding is too strange to me and he could even play for stacks here with some pair + draw and we will throw away the best hand.
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Agree, thanks for the flop tip.

Yeah, I don't know...maybe just check/fold the turn and let it go. He potted it, by the way, it should be enough to tell us that he's not on 1P hand.

Also, Plamen, I sometimes have this problem, I kinda raise someone for value, but when he ships, I fold. I think it might be a leak of mine...if we raise for value, we should be happy to ship, no? Just like I did here...I check-raised him and then folded. As you said, it makes no sense. So just fold?

This bloody freeplay is the hardest hand I played in the session :f_mad: I still wouldn't have a clear plan if the same situation happened again.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      So I see nothing bad in raising for value and then folding and I think even you could think of several suitable for this situations.

For example, we are on the BB holding AQ. BU is a pretty loose guy, calling 3bets a lot but only 4bets QQ+, AK. Then of course we decide to 3bet him for value but fold to his 4bet since he's only doing it with better hands.

I think that this example illustrates the situation pretty good. We can raise for value against a big part of his range, but if he decides to continue with the aggression it's quite likely that we are behind and continuing with the hand will be suicidal, right?
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Yeah, true. I know the AQ example, I just heard someone referring to QQ play, like "if we 3bet it for value, then we should stack with it"...and I didn't give this statement much thought. Now it's pretty clear to me, that we stack with it only when we are ahead of his going broke range :)

So, back to our hand, we stack on the flop (because he could stack with draws), or as played, we check/fold the turn, right?
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Yeah, if you think he's capable of stacking off with draws or weak made hands I think going broke on the flop is fine.

Check/folding the turn isn't too bad at all, considering we are OOP and there are plenty of bad river cards plus even if it's a blank we are not comfortably calling.