[NL2-NL10] [NL4 SH] UTG QQ vs MP Snap all-in?

• vilistaja
      vilistaja
      Bronze
      Not too much to ask, but am i correct that in that spot i should fold my QQ?

Microgaming - €0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (UTG): €4.35
      MP: €3.22
      CO: €5.55
      BTN: €1.64
      SB: €10.13
      BB: €8.44

SB posts SB €0.02, BB posts BB €0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: €0.06) Hero has Q:diamond: Q:club:
      Hero raises to €0.12, MP raises to €3.22 and is all-in, Hero ???

Opponent is 53/5 at small sample and snaps all-in after my open. I feel that he snaps there only KK or AA, maybe AKs.
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi vilistaja,

Normally these fishy guys will not just shove their really strong hands. Generally they min 3-bet or make it smaller to keep you in the pot.

So personally I would be inclined to call here. We need about 47% equity here so if he does it with JJ+, AK we have just that but as I mentioned above I would discount some nuts (AA/KK).
    • vilistaja
      vilistaja
      Bronze
      I agree in general, but what confuses me is that he shoved instantly, usually fish at least think couple of seconds and that shove came under a second. Can we just ignore that timing and am i just leveling myself here?
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      As a player on micro limits, I agree with Bogdan :)

I saw everything here, even some random A9o and KT. In the best case, you can tell whether he's on tilt and doing it with some trash, or it's just how he plays his monsters.

As you don't have such information, I think calling would be fine in the long run. On top of this all, he's not even a full stack :)

Although it's not a big leak if you fold here. Especially if you have a small bankroll or go on a tilt easily yourself, you can consider folding without any info on the guy.

EDIT: insta shove might be tilt (or a bluff if your fish thinks so). I think he would at least pretend to make a decision for a second or two with aces before shoving preflop :)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by vilistaja
      I agree in general, but what confuses me is that he shoved instantly, usually fish at least think couple of seconds and that shove came under a second. Can we just ignore that timing and am i just leveling myself here?
      As German mentioned in the post above these fish are really random.

Maybe he just lost a big hand, maybe he got sucked out in a tournament a few minutes ago, but instant doesn't generally mean strong. It's usually a polarized range. How much top or bottom (really good vs really weak) we don't know. And for a lot of fish insta anything is usually a weak hand.