[NL2-NL10] [NL4 SH] KJ floped set vs river raise

• vilistaja
      vilistaja
      Bronze
      Opponent is 48/18 and seems more like passive player postflop. Has WTSD/W$SD 20/67 at 46 hands

Microgaming - €0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (MP): €4.02
      CO: €3.15
      BTN: €3.72
      SB: €1.74
      BB: €10.43
      UTG: €8.64

SB posts SB €0.02, BB posts BB €0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: €0.06) Hero has K:heart: J:spade:

fold, Hero raises to €0.12, CO calls €0.12, BTN calls €0.12, fold, fold

Flop: (€0.42, 3 players) K:club: A:diamond: K:spade:
      Hero bets €0.20, fold, BTN calls €0.20
      I think i should bet here bigger like 2/3 pot or so but i wanted that gutshots and small pairs call us.
      Turn: (€0.82, 2 players) 2:diamond:
      Hero bets €0.38, BTN calls €0.38
      Again that bet should be bigger to get more value from draws like gutshot that improved to flushdraw also. I think any poket pair will fold there anyway exept 22.
      River: (€1.58, 2 players) 3:diamond:
      Hero bets €0.42, BTN raises to €1.08, Hero ???
      I bet small as block bet, since he feels passive player so i think he calls there with hands that beat us and if i check he will bet them bigger and he could be more inclined to call with worse hands. Unfortunatly he raises and i but him on range something like 22,K9s+,AdQd,AdJd,QdJd,QdTd,KTo+ against that range it should be okay to call since we need 18% equity and we have 30%.

I want to know are my thoughts correct and range given to opponent on river valid?
  • 4 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop raising is fine.

I'd bet around $0.3 here.
      Even if we bet smaller small pairs are not likely to call and gutshots might continue even at higher price.

Definitely bet bigger on the turn as well - around $0.6.

As played, I'd bet around $1 on the river.
      When he raises I think we have at least to call. We could even consider going broke here since I do expect this guy to have a lot of worse Kx in his range here.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

Don't put him on the Ad ;)

As played, flushes could easily call you down to the river. However I can bet that a king would raise you on that turn...it's way to small for trips to be satisfied on a flush board (unless with KXdd).

I don't understand why Plamen wants to stack here, given that there are not many combos of Kings possible, how passively the flop/turn was played, and a sudden aggression on a completed river draw.

Maybe a call...but a shove?

Plamen, could you please explain a bit about your shove?

TY
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Well if we think about it - what kind of flush combos he has? If he raises Kx all the time here - then he is only left with some QdTd/QdJd/JdTd which are not calling the flop all the time.

Also, a 48/18 player could easily have a lot of Kx and these guys don't really bother the texture of the board overall I think.
      He could easily call/call/raise here with a Kx here in my opinion and epsecially considering our weak bet he could sometimes raise/call with Ax as well (seen that).

So overall I think it might be a good idea to just stack off here.
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kymupa
      Well if we think about it - what kind of flush combos he has? If he raises Kx all the time here - then he is only left with some QdTd/QdJd/JdTd which are not calling the flop all the time.

Also, a 48/18 player could easily have a lot of Kx and these guys don't really bother the texture of the board overall I think.
      He could easily call/call/raise here with a Kx here in my opinion and epsecially considering our weak bet he could sometimes raise/call with Ax as well (seen that).

So overall I think it might be a good idea to just stack off here.
      Okay, I see, thanks.

I think to begin with we should fix out bet sizing, and then we should spend time trying to understand what could a fish call us down with :) It's a bit too hard as it played.