This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Some informations on PLO

• 92Niko
      92Niko
      Bronze
      Hi everyone!
      I'm a NLH50 player, but I decided to play sometimes a bit of PLO, just to change a little bit sometimes.

I'm reading a good book about PLO and I also have a lot of interesting videos.
      I'm interested in knowing a little bit about possibilities of profit on PLO at microstakes. What do you think could be a decent bb/100 profit to beat microstakes (let's say NL2 or NL5)?.
      And how much is a decent sample of hands to consider a limit beaten (I know that for instance in NLH 50k hands are a decent sample, but I have no idea on how many hands are needed in PLO where variance is higher.)

Thank you!

P.S.
      Sorry if my english is not perfect
  • 3 replies
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      In PLO you usually need a bigger sample. But of course your edge (winrate) affects the required samplesize too.

In PLO2/PLO5 20bb/100 is achievable, but anything positive is good. There are differences in rake and it can have a huge impact on your winrate. As on some sites you can pay over 10bb/100 more in rake than on others.
    • Riverdiver
      Riverdiver
      Bronze

PLO2 on iPoker. Small sample and heater obviously, but the games are very beatable. I must say I couldn't keep up the winrate, even though this sample includes some very dumb actions of mine

Anyway, image won't upload, it was something like 22,5 BB/100 over 7400 hands
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Riverdiver

PLO2 on iPoker. Small sample and heater obviously, but the games are very beatable. I must say I couldn't keep up the winrate, even though this sample includes some very dumb actions of mine

Anyway, image won't upload, it was something like 22,5 BB/100 over 7400 hands

There you go :)

I think I'll start playing on ipoker lol...