Some informations on PLO

• 92Niko
      92Niko
      Coach
      Coach
      Hi everyone!
      I'm a NLH50 player, but I decided to play sometimes a bit of PLO, just to change a little bit sometimes.

I'm reading a good book about PLO and I also have a lot of interesting videos.
      I'm interested in knowing a little bit about possibilities of profit on PLO at microstakes. What do you think could be a decent bb/100 profit to beat microstakes (let's say NL2 or NL5)?.
      And how much is a decent sample of hands to consider a limit beaten (I know that for instance in NLH 50k hands are a decent sample, but I have no idea on how many hands are needed in PLO where variance is higher.)

Thank you!

P.S.
      Sorry if my english is not perfect
  • 3 replies
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      In PLO you usually need a bigger sample. But of course your edge (winrate) affects the required samplesize too.

In PLO2/PLO5 20bb/100 is achievable, but anything positive is good. There are differences in rake and it can have a huge impact on your winrate. As on some sites you can pay over 10bb/100 more in rake than on others.
    • Riverdiver
      Riverdiver
      Bronze

PLO2 on iPoker. Small sample and heater obviously, but the games are very beatable. I must say I couldn't keep up the winrate, even though this sample includes some very dumb actions of mine

Anyway, image won't upload, it was something like 22,5 BB/100 over 7400 hands
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Riverdiver

PLO2 on iPoker. Small sample and heater obviously, but the games are very beatable. I must say I couldn't keep up the winrate, even though this sample includes some very dumb actions of mine

Anyway, image won't upload, it was something like 22,5 BB/100 over 7400 hands

There you go :)

I think I'll start playing on ipoker lol...