Stars 6 Max Hypers

• mccol001
      mccol001
      Bronze
      Hey, I been thinking about starting to play the 6 max hypers. I've played a lot of SNG's a while ago, so I know a little about ICM/bubble play etc., but the past year is like 95% full ring cash games.

I just wanted to ask where I could get some help learning more about these games. I'm guessing a lot of it is done through charts.

How are the games from $3.50's to $30's on Stars atm, lots of regs? What is the rake/rakeback like? If I was playing 16 tables for 6 hours how many games could I play? What kind of downswing could I expect playing this kind of volume? What BRM should I use? How often do the games change? i.e how much studying will be needed to stay on top of the game (up to $30's). What kind of HUD setup would be good? What is a 'good' sample for these games, equivalent to like 250k cash game hands? What kind of winrate is achievable?

Would really appreciate it if anyone knows more about this could answer any of these questions, thanks a lot.
  • 8 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hey, just noting that I've moved this thread to the relevant board.

Regards,
      Gary
    • mccol001
      mccol001
      Bronze
      ^ Thanks. :D
    • badgerer
      badgerer
      Silver
      im not hugely experienced in these but i'll throw in my 2cent.

3.5's are super soft, i've played 7's and a few 15's which are also generally soft. i didnt notice that many regs tbh, certainly not enough to cancel out the hordes of fish that seem to love these games.

swings are brutal... very conservative BRM recommended AT LEAST 100 BI's which would be considered aggressive. If ur doing this for a living i'd consider 300-500.

i think theres a few vids on the site, the one(s) that stick out in my mind are phil shaw's which i felt were very good and would recommend. they might even be the only ones?

good luck at the tables
    • alin78kid
      alin78kid
      Bronze
      I'm trying them right now. i have played a lot of 9 man hypers on 1.5$-7$. The problem is that there aren't tables of 15$ just very few. I think phil shaw's in his vid is playing a style that is used on high stakes that requires more agrressive play early, but on micro and middle stakes you can get a bigger ROI because there are more bad players if you play a little conservatory early stage. What are your achievements so far.
    • belthazorrrr
      belthazorrrr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mccol001
      Hey, I been thinking about starting to play the 6 max hypers. I've played a lot of SNG's a while ago, so I know a little about ICM/bubble play etc., but the past year is like 95% full ring cash games.

I just wanted to ask where I could get some help learning more about these games. I'm guessing a lot of it is done through charts.

How are the games from $3.50's to $30's on Stars atm, lots of regs? What is the rake/rakeback like? If I was playing 16 tables for 6 hours how many games could I play? What kind of downswing could I expect playing this kind of volume? What BRM should I use? How often do the games change? i.e how much studying will be needed to stay on top of the game (up to $30's). What kind of HUD setup would be good? What is a 'good' sample for these games, equivalent to like 250k cash game hands? What kind of winrate is achievable?

Would really appreciate it if anyone knows more about this could answer any of these questions, thanks a lot.
      3.5-7$ are really soft
      15$ are okish which could be the best if you table select
      30$ from this year will be terrible and most reggy. people will try achieve elite through them
      200bis downswings if you play 16 tables are common
      i suggest 300+
      10k+sample is good
      450+ games you will get
      16 tables isnt going to happen though
      There are very few regs that play so many tables in hypers

gl
    • JLeitmotiv
      JLeitmotiv
      Bronze
      So, I want to add a couple of questions!

How long is an average 6-max hyper? (I mean, how many minutes per game :D ) How many games can be played simultaneously without getting completely nuts?
    • alin78kid
      alin78kid
      Bronze
      the average duration is 9-10minutes. I started to multitable 6-10 tables maybe i could be adding 2 more but everything over 12 i think is burning money.
    • mccol001
      mccol001
      Bronze
      Yeah think I'm gonna play the $1.50's for a bit (way overrolled) and slowly move up as I get a better feel for these games.

Does anyone know a good place to learn more about strategies for these?