This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] QQ on BB

• HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $2.78
      MP2:
      $2.54
      MP3:
      $0.36
      CO:
      $2.19
      BU:
      $0.52
      SB:
      $1.20
      BB (Hero):
      $2.00
      UTG1:
      $2.04
      UTG2:
      $0.91

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q.
      UTG1 raises to $0.08, 7 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, UTG1 calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.41) J, 8, 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.22, UTG1 calls $0.22.

Turn: ($0.85) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.38, UTG1 calls $0.38.

River: ($1.61) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG1 bets $1.14, Hero folds, UTG1 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.61.

Villain stats 15/11 AF1.7 over 500 hands

Anything I could have done different? J on river was nasty for me, since he called 2 streets he might had something like AJ...either that or he had me beat with KK or AK...doubt he would go further with anything else and if he had a set hed probably raise me by the turn...

and yeah..I should have raised him PF 0,24 or 0,26...I thought I saw him opening with 0,6c
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Lavek,

Do you normally 3-bet only 2.5 x from the blinds? That's a really small 3-bet

I would bet flop/turn 1/2 pot and then ck/fold the river. Villain will check back all the smaller pairs and bet the rest. He rarely ever has any bluffs in his range although AQ/AK may peel two streets because of your small 3-bet and small flop and smaller turn bet (but I wouldn't look at adding these to his range often).
    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Lavek,

as I wrote in end of the post, it was my mistake as I didnt see his bet size good, its 3x + bb on the blinds for me usually...

thanks for comment
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by HrabriLavek
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Lavek,

as I wrote in end of the post, it was my mistake as I didnt see his bet size good, its 3x + bb on the blinds for me usually...

thanks for comment
      No worries,

The bet size you used it most likely affected his calling range preflop and thus we can expect a wider range postflop (but shouldn't too much wider).