SSS vs BSS for beginner

• Somaar
      Somaar
      Bronze
      I've played poker before and I am not a complete beginner..
      But PS advises to start with the SSS. I tried it but the BSS feels way more natural and keeps you thinking about the game. The articles about BSS are more in depth and I did enjoy reading them.

But the question remains, what are the reasons to start with SSS as a beginner?
      Like I said I am not a complete beginner and have played poker for quite a while, but never took the time to really understand the game.
      And for me the SSS feels like following a recipe and push in chips on small advantages. Don't like this kind of play and I just can't get the idea that it would help me in the future.

Thanks,

First post btw.. :0
  • 5 replies
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      well, then its really easy... if u dont like it, dont play it.
      go for BSS which u enjoy

i think the basic concept for SSS is just for begginers to get a grip on hand ranges thats all
    • Somaar
      Somaar
      Bronze
      Thanks, then I stick to that. :)
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey Somaar!

Welcome to the English community!

The thing with MSS is is that you can focus on what to raise when pre flop. Once you have a bigger stack you're also going to have to play postflop. All that might be a bit much. So first you perfect your preflop ranges with the SSS and then you move to BSS and learn how to play postflop.

But you can also start with BSS right away! In fact our very own Ingrid started doing that! I strongly suggest you take a look in her blog! It's great and it's going to become even better!

Click here for Ingrids blog.

Regards

RasTweet
    • Somaar
      Somaar
      Bronze
      I am looking at the blog right now and it looks very interesting!

Thanks for the reply!
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey man i was in a similar spot myself. played poker before but never took much time to work on my game. it kicked in at some point that i really suck so i decided to go to basics and started with MSS. this gave me a good understanding of preflop hand ranges as well as position and it left out the complexity of postflop play. i made some okay progress with it and moved to BSS shortly after and i would recommend definitely MSS to get back to basics!

but then nothing beats actually enjoying something. you will learn quickly anyway if you enjoy what you do so it's really up to you! i think there are good reasons for both.

good luck!
      Lewis.