[NL20-NL50] TT in 3bet 3way pot, flopped overpair

• PewPewPoker
      Hi :) .

Villains were both unknown (<15hands on both). MP just lost a big pot, so that might affect his play. That's why I called preflop: I had position, and 1 opponent could be tilting.
      On the flop: If he really has an overpair (JJ+,), then his bet doesnt offer much protection, but yeah... People make mistakes, so I can't just assume he would bet bigger with an overpair. If he bet 3/4 pot, this would be a clear fold for me, but his sizing on the flop just confuses me about his range.
      I called, just hoping he would c/f the turn. I don't really like it now, but at the time, I didn't want to raise, because I was afraid my assumptions werent justified, but the bet was so small that I thought it was too nitty to give up right away. Obviously not the best reasoning, but I was wondering what your thought process here would be? Would you just ignore the small bet, and assume he only plays value hands here, or do you think hes weak, and protect with a raise? or just call and reevaluate on the turn?

thanks in advance :)

iPoker - $0.50 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (CO): $52.62
      BTN: $41.16
      SB: $50.00
      BB: $50.00
      UTG: $24.75
      MP: $60.55

SB posts SB $0.25, BB posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.75) Hero has T:diamond: T:club:

fold, MP raises to $2.00, Hero calls $2.00, fold, fold, BB raises to $7.00, MP calls $5.00, Hero calls $5.00

Flop: ($21.25, 3 players) 8:diamond: 9:diamond: 2:spade:
      BB bets $10.50, fold, Hero calls $10.50

Turn: ($42.25, 2 players) 9:heart:
      BB bets $32.50, fold

BB wins $40.14
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16

He can bet 1/2 pot as a default in 3bet pots, no need to make it bigger usually. He also has an easy turn shove. Don't call flop if you can't continue on most turns, it's just dead money since his range is strong there into 2 people.
      Folding flop is the best option imo, preflop call is fine just to setmine and stack him when he has a value hand.