MP3: $20,14 - 101 bb
      CO: $20,00 - 100 bb
      BU: $20,00 - 100 bb
      SB: $22,25 - 111 bb
      BB: $24,87 - 124 bb

0,10/0,20 No Limit Hold'em (6 Handed)
      Hand recorder voor deze hand:PokerStrategy.com SideKick 1.1.109.1

Preflop: Hero is BU met J:diamond: , J:club:
      SB posts small blind ($0,10), BB posts big blind ($0,20), 2 folds, CO raises to $0,60, Hero calls, 2 folds

Flop: ($1,50 - 7.50 bb) J:spade: , 9:club: , 4:diamond: (2 Spelers)
      CO bets $1, Hero calls

Turn: ($3,50 - 17.50 bb) 3:spade: (2 Spelers)
      CO bets $2,40, Hero calls

River: ($8,30 - 41.50 bb) 7:spade: (2 Spelers)
      CO bets $6,20, Hero raises to $16, CO calls

Hi,

Villain is a reg. I just call preflop since I have position and don't have his 4bet tendencies yet so I would fold to a 4bet.

But normal regs 4bet the BU more wide from the CO, so is a 3bet/shove ok vs an unknown reg?

Secondly, the hand. How do you think it's played? My though process was he'll still bet a Jack, but maybe not that big on the river (maybe AJ). But he'll also continue like this with sets and overpairs. I look weak so I decide to shove against these hands on the river. Only thing that get's there is the backdoor flush.

Should I have raised turn? Normally I would always raise turn but I think this will scare his overpairs and toppairs and there aren't many draws.

Thanks.
  • 7 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi

Do u hav any indication of his preflop tendencies?
      Vpip and pfr.

Aanyway i think u can just 3b vs co by default and u shuld also 3b a ton of not so strong hand

I think u shuld raise turn but raising river is fine. I think u are ahead of his rivrr calling ranfe w top set. Its a rly ugly card though. Flush and straight both got there.
    • Letsdothisish
      Letsdothisish
      Bronze
      Played about 21/19 for about 20 hands so he was rather unknown.

Only by default vs CO right? What would you do with TT?
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      Originally posted by mbml
      I think u shuld raise turn but raising river is fine.
      Wow, why raise river? His hand is either nuts or bluff (depending how loose aggresive he is). I think people are almost always check/calling that river with set or overpair, two pair (except when opponent is calling station).
    • Letsdothisish
      Letsdothisish
      Bronze
      You can't really check call with a set of two pair imo. It's a small valuebet against toppairs, twopairs and maybe QQ, these will often call enough. I have to raise river here imo because there's a bunch of hands in his range that I beat, overpairs, sets, maybe J9 vs only backdoor flush and 8T
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      I think it's a pretty big leak no raising the turn?!

On the river, when you bet, you either have the nuts or you don't. Hands that you beat don't matter. It's hands that you beat, that will call your raise vers hands that beat you that call your raise.

How often are you getting called by worse than a flush? Maybe a worse set, maybe. But if this guy is capable of barreling FD's, your going to be in for some pain me thinks. He might even fold some flushes after you've turned your top set into a bluff!

Not raising the turn would make no sense to me if I were villain. On the river I'd have to decide

-are you not raising your sets?
      -are you calling down FD's? maybe 9x suited?
      -are you spazzing out?

I think I'd lean towards 9xs and I'd fold unless I had the nuts lol.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Worse hands

99 44 33 j9s - 10 combos
      Some overpairs - 12? Asssumung kk+

Better hands

T8s -4 combos
      FLUSHES - 10?

We pretty much got the worse river ever. Its unclear whether we even have value in a raise. I thinknoverpairs fold very often.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      And check calling with sets is just bad. Why turn such a strong hand into a bluffcatcher?

Letsdothis and jules made some good points here.