CO: $9.53

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has K:diamond: Q:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.15, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.32, 2 players) Q:club: 9:club: 9:spade:
      BB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

Turn: ($0.92, 2 players) 5:heart:
      BB bets $0.80, Hero ?

Call turn, fold river or simple fold turn after solid bet?
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi GreenPiece,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: If we call the turn we need to call most blank rivers (since our call on the turn would be under the assumption that we have the best hand and villain can valuebet worse or semibluff).

So our decision has to be made here. Against unknown I think that raising is overplaying the hand so I would just call and call blank rivers.

His hand could be a 9x or Qx/semibluff but usually 9x would ck/raise the flop.

BTW, once you leave a reply to one of the hands that has been judged you can select the option to advise the judge to take another look (if you want the judges to respond again).
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      Hello again! :)

Yeah, I know that I can use this button but decided not to disturb you because you helped me to clarify my thoughts in your first post and so I agreed to it in that hand :)

But in this case I will use it because I want to ask you one more question.

Say we have the following situation:

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

BB - 27/8 AF 1.8 (64 hands).

BU (Hero):
      $10.00
      SB:
      $56.75
      BB:
      $14.47
      MP2:
      $6.72
      MP3:
      $10.51
      CO:
      $10.05

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, J.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, SB folds, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.55) 8, J, T (2 players)
      BB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.55) 4 (2 players)
      BB bets $1.40, Hero calls $1.40.

River: ($4.35) 8 (2 players)
      BB bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50.

Final Pot: $13.35.

This board is more drawy and this guy is somewhat similar to the one above, i mean tight preflop & probably not so aggressive postflop given his low pfr. Does our TPTK play good here? What level of thinking should we use? I mean that it's very correct thought, we call blank turn to call blank river but will opponents on these low limits 3-barrel bluff with the probability we need to make +EV call on the river? Mayhap we should somewhat narrow his range, i mean more bets here from probably not so aggressive opponents will mean bluff rarely and value more frequently? How is it better decided?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Greenpiece,

To me that situation is quite a bit different than the first one.

First, we have an opponent that we know more about (3x the hands) so we may have some reads (like passive pre/post).

Second, this board is a lot more connected so for example sets/2p/straights may feel the need to protect more.

So in this particular case I think that by the turn we are usually behind a lot more often than in the previous hand because I simply see more combinations of hands that beat us that would take this line (pot/pot). For example 88, TT, JJ, JT, J8, T8, 79, Q9 versus before just some 9x.
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      I've found some leaks in my game, some situations I do not feel confident about and my assumptions are not always right... Thank you for your effort, I will keep these situations in mind along with your advice and i will post more hands if in doubt.