Turn: ($6.60) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.40, BTN calls $4.40

River: ($15.40) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Results:
      $15.40 pot ($0.69 rake)
      Final Board: 6 Q 7 3 3
      BTN mucked Q T and lost (-$7.40 net)
      Hero showed 5 4 and won $14.71 ($7.31 net)

I realise I only have a microscopic sample on BU but he has played 3 out of 6 hands without ever raising so I suspect he is a fish.

Preflop: I hate myself for such a fishy line in calling OOP but raising seems pointless (I don't expect to take this down preflop, so why bloat the pot with a bad position?) and pot odds ftw.

Flop: I think donking out is a bit more convincing than x/r (donk looks like I'm protecting a top pair, but x/r doesn't rep much imo because a strong hand would not risk a check behind on such a drawy board). Sizing could have been slightly bigger though. Getting minraised sucks but I think I can call for these odds.

Turn: hit the nuts, bet for value.

River: paired board sucks slightly. He has some kind of hand after raising the flop and calling the turn. I opted for check/call thinking that he was very polarised (either a set that just filled up, or a missed flush draw). I think that was the wrong choice and I was far too cautious about the possibility of FH; given that he seems a bit fishy / passive I should bet/fold the river to get more value from his showdown value hands (Qx and whatnot).
  • 2 replies
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      preflop I'd fold, bad hand v fish and OOP

flop: donking still needs a fuckoad of FE to be profitable, right?
      check/raising seems worse? inflating the pot with your shitty hand.

At least him minraising is good hint that he has TP or two pair. So I'd fold here.

When we hit I'd be betting 80% of pot on turn and river expecting him to call down with TP.
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      Hi,

I think I would probably fold preflop also but I'm a nit. I think it might ok to call if he is a mega whale.

Postflop, I think leading is good since CO will play pretty "honest" vs us and fold a decent amount. After he raises you small on the flop I think we are getting good enough odds to see a turn.

On the turn I think it's just a x/r, obv he wants to put money in the pot so unless you have some sick read that he raises small with fds and checks back on the turn then leading makes no sense when you can x/r and try to get stacks in. Also if you are gonna lead, bet bigger, you have the nuts vs a fish lets get the money in.

River, after he calls turn I never put him on a set and mostly fds and pairs, since fish are passive and dont raise fds then that makes his range more pair heavy. So I Would bet for value.

serverm07