UTG+1 ($6)
      Hero ($12.57)
      BTN ($5)

Dealt to Hero 2:heart: 2:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.15, fold, Hero calls $0.15, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.37) 7:spade: 6:club: 7:diamond:

UTG bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25

TURN ($0.87) 7:spade: 6:club: 7:diamond: 5:spade:

UTG bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.30, UTG raises to $5.17 (AI), Hero folds

UTG wins $3.24

Vs unknown reg
  • 8 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: As played, his range for betting into us two streets (considering he raised UTG) is on the stronger side because that turn is a blank.

So I actually prefer a fold.

Considering our hand and little equity we have in the pot I don't mind folding that flop vs unknown reg.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Not that blank but i can represent 7x,89,full,poker and i obviously can't call again.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Not that blank but i can represent 7x,89,full,poker and i obviously can't call again.
      Yes I agree with you regarding what we represent. But what we forget is what villain represents but by betting flop and then a blank turn.

That's what I was referring more to when I said a blank turn :)
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      He is representing same but much more likely 55+ for value and only 77-55 can continue 19% of that value range. He can also be barreling for bluff, but if unknown reg (me) raises into him a good multi tabler reg probably can't continue it or he would be a steady loser.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      He is representing same but much more likely 55+ for value and only 77-55 can continue 19% of that value range. He can also be barreling for bluff, but if unknown reg (me) raises into him a good multi tabler reg probably can't continue it or he would be a steady loser.
      Sure, but we are playing 5nl where people, especially weaker regs (which is the average reg weaker) can't fold made hands. I doubt he will fold many overpairs to our raise.

Were we ready to followup on river with a bet/shove if he just called?

Plus, if we really want to get into ranges you don't actually have (or can represent) many 7x or 89 hands versus an UTG opener (from MP)
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Even if he can't let go of (prenuts qq+) it should show value. We can even include JJ if he is also bluffing least once or twice.

I was not ready to push river if he calls turn with it i would assume he finds a reason to do so at the river.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      ... sry quted instead editing :I
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Even if he can't let go of (prenuts qq+) it should show value. We can even include JJ if he is also bluffing least once or twice.

I was not ready to push river if he calls turn with it i would assume he finds a reason to do so at the river.
      Here you are assuming that UTG is betting two streets with a wide range and that he can let go of overpairs.

I generally don't find this to be true at the lower limits, that's all so I think that a bluff here with such a low equity hand won't be that profitable.