This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 99 10

• Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($9.10)
      BB ($5.56)
      UTG ($2.73)
      UTG+1 ($1.46)
      Hero ($5.43)
      BTN ($4.94)

Dealt to Hero 9:diamond: 9:heart:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.15, fold, SB raises to $0.45, fold, Hero calls $0.30

FLOP ($0.95) 4:club: 7:heart: 5:diamond:

SB bets $0.66, Hero calls $0.66

TURN ($2.27) 4:club: 7:heart: 5:diamond: 7:diamond:

SB bets $1.58, Hero folds

SB wins $2.12

• 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: I'm not a huge fan of calling here versus a guy that doesn't 3-bet that much overall. It's true that he 3-bets more from the SB but the sample isn't that big.

As played though how do you expect him to play his overs? Simply check/fold? I'm assuming that's your assumption because of the fold.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop calling against the 3bet is fine.

On the flop I think calling is good. He seems to be cbetting quite a lot so I'd definitely call here.

Turn card doesn't really help us and when he keeps betting strong I think folding's fine.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: I'm not a huge fan of calling here versus a guy that doesn't 3-bet that much overall. It's true that he 3-bets more from the SB but the sample isn't that big.

As played though how do you expect him to play his overs? Simply check/fold? I'm assuming that's your assumption because of the fold.
      If he doesn't c/f from turn he is probably 3 barreling it and i was not ready to commit to that.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Dracsharp,

If he doesn't c/f from turn he is probably 3 barreling it and i was not ready to commit to that.
      Most likely, + he has invested a ton of money on flop/turn (more so than the usual 3-bet pot).

Plus he would only have 2.74 in a pot of 5.30 or so.