NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($9.10)
      BB ($5.56)
      UTG ($2.73)
      UTG+1 ($1.46)
      Hero ($5.43)
      BTN ($4.94)

Dealt to Hero 9:diamond: 9:heart:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.15, fold, SB raises to $0.45, fold, Hero calls $0.30

FLOP ($0.95) 4:club: 7:heart: 5:diamond:

SB bets $0.66, Hero calls $0.66

TURN ($2.27) 4:club: 7:heart: 5:diamond: 7:diamond:

SB bets $1.58, Hero folds

SB wins $2.12

• 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: I'm not a huge fan of calling here versus a guy that doesn't 3-bet that much overall. It's true that he 3-bets more from the SB but the sample isn't that big.

As played though how do you expect him to play his overs? Simply check/fold? I'm assuming that's your assumption because of the fold.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop calling against the 3bet is fine.

On the flop I think calling is good. He seems to be cbetting quite a lot so I'd definitely call here.

Turn card doesn't really help us and when he keeps betting strong I think folding's fine.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: I'm not a huge fan of calling here versus a guy that doesn't 3-bet that much overall. It's true that he 3-bets more from the SB but the sample isn't that big.

As played though how do you expect him to play his overs? Simply check/fold? I'm assuming that's your assumption because of the fold.
      If he doesn't c/f from turn he is probably 3 barreling it and i was not ready to commit to that.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Dracsharp,

If he doesn't c/f from turn he is probably 3 barreling it and i was not ready to commit to that.
      Most likely, + he has invested a ton of money on flop/turn (more so than the usual 3-bet pot).

Plus he would only have 2.74 in a pot of 5.30 or so.