This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

HTHUSNGs --Weak aces in early stages

• bigfl0p
      bigfl0p
      Bronze
      Hi guys, got a quick question about HTHUSNGs.

Ive played about 2.5k games at 3.5s stakes now with like 1.4% roi. I think i have a good overall strategy but obv some leaks so im trying to plug them.

One problem ive been having is with weak aces A2-A9 in early stages of a HT sng. so 20-25BBs, when facing a minraise oop.

Obviously it depends greatly on villain, but as its early stages assume the villain is unknown.

I dont like flatting because its so hard to connect with a flop, and when you do its hard to get value from villain, also Ax has too much equity pre to just flat surely.

I find myself shoving a lot to avoid playing 3bet pots OOP with weak aces, but im not sure whether this shove is too loose against a random opponent

Any advice appreciated guys
      Thanks
  • 1 reply
    • Krist2ps
      Krist2ps
      Bronze
      first hand vs unknown minraise i'm shoving A8+, you will be surprised how many times you will get call from much weaker hands :) Any other ace I just flat and take things from there.

And never (well almost never) 3bet NAI aces in first hand or 20-25bb deep, you will miss so often that it isn't very profitable, I even shove AKs against first hand minraise OOP.

GL