DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $7.28 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 19, 3B: 8, AF: 4.1, Hands: 17678
      SB: $6.54 - VPIP: 85, PFR: 23, 3B: 11, AF: 1.9, Hands: 48
      BB: $11.65 - VPIP: 43, PFR: 3, 3B: 0, AF: 1.4, Hands: 87
      UTG: $8.72 - VPIP: 6, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 17
      MP: $12.50 - VPIP: 12, PFR: 8, 3B: 7, AF: 0.0, Hands: 83
      CO: $14.27 - VPIP: 28, PFR: 17, 3B: 0, AF: 0.6, Hands: 90

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BTN with A :spade: 4 :spade:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.15, Hero raises to $0.45, SB calls $0.43, BB calls $0.40, CO calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.80) 6 :spade: 9 :spade: Q :diamond: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, Hero bets $1.20, SB folds, BB folds, CO calls $1.20

Turn: ($4.20) T :club: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $2.40, CO calls $2.40

River: ($9.00) A :club: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks

Turn: do we barrel here? I though he might fold small pockets or a pair of nines. Plus we are paying to see the SD, and if we hit a spade he'll never put us on a flush and will stack with a weaker one.
  • 6 replies
    • Alan883
      We are quite deep here and we 3bet A4 :spade: ? Where is the reason to do this?

As played i would only check back flop and again check turn and again check river.

Maybe i am just to tight but building pot so much with such weak hand is out of my knowledge for now.

Lets wait what our judges say. :f_cool:
    • Th334
      Hi Alan,

I 3bet preflop because....attention....I want him to fold a better hand :) I have a blocker, I have position, I can hit a NFD.

Flop: I think NFD is good enough for a c-bet even if you're too tight :) The stronger our draw is, the less FE we need for our semi-bluff to be profitable.
    • kymupa

That's an interesting situation we have here.

I think we have not talked about this before - how our 3betting range should change according to the stack sizes.
      The deeper we go, the more people are willing to call our 3bets even OOP here.
      So, unless the guy is folding a lot and isn't really aware of stack sizes and just defends some static ranges, I think that 3betting is not necessary here.
      Also, given the fact that you are deeper, you should probably make it around $0.55-$0.6.

As Alan suggested, I think checking back the flop will be better.
      We can just take a free card and see the turn so I'd rather do it since I doubt we will have any FE on this board against two fishes and a reg and we don't really want to go broke here. Rather keep the pot small and wait till we hit our hand, right?

So as played, I think betting turn is very bad here. The card connects pretty well with the board and the chance of him folding anything is so small so I'd just check back.

On the river checking is fine. We now have some decent SD value and I wouldn't mind taking the hand to showdown.

• dienaszaglis
      Is C-betting that bad here? We can still see the turn and the river (assuming villain(s) checks Qx).
      However, with little FE I also prefer checking.

As played, I would never bet the turn.
    • Th334
      Thanks guys,

Yeah, it's really weird that I barreled. I think I played too much lately, and read too little...although I'm supposed to know when to barrel anyway, I just excluded this knowledge from my game for some reason...very weird.

Fortunately, ace on the river saved the day :)

Special thanks for the deep stack part. I assume that we call, if 3-betting is not necessary, right? Suited aces must play lovely IP deep stacked.
    • kymupa
      Yeah, I don't mind calling here preflop if you think you can play the hand profitably postflop.

And no, barreling isn't so much bad considering we draw to the nuts, but then we are not likely to take the pot on the flop often.