Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $11,15
      MP1:
      $20,85

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.57 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A:diamond: , A:club: . CO posts a blind of $0,10.
      Hero raises to $0,40, MP1 calls $0,40, 6 folds.

Flop: ($1,05) 7:heart: , J:spade: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,60, MP1 calls $0,60.

Turn: ($2,25) 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2,00, MP1 calls $2,00.

River: ($6,25) 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $8,15 (All-In), MP1 calls $8,15.

Final Pot: $22,55

Is my line good here?
  • 5 replies
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      IMHO, no, it isn't. :D

I'd bet just a little bit more on the flop, a little bit less on the turn, and something around 1/2 - 2/3 of pot on the river.

There's no need to protect the hand since the board is drawless, but on these low limits I think it's OK to bet all the way to extract value from worse hands that will pay you off very often.

But I really don't see any reason to overbet the river. You'll probably only get called by better hands.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      I agree with Faye, look at the size of your bets. The rest is fine though, dry board, he might be calling you with a pair of J or even worse.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Betting small on the flop isn´t always the bad thing, but then I´d go bet/3-bet line, since villain might re-raise with any J or pp.
      Turn is fine and river is probably also fine, if you believe that villain is calling station and would pay you with Jx.
      If he has set or 7 then you won´t bet/fold anyway 4-5$ on the river.
    • xarak
      xarak
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Betting small on the flop isn´t always the bad thing, but then I´d go bet/3-bet line, since villain might re-raise with any J or pp.
      Turn is fine and river is probably also fine, if you believe that villain is calling station and would pay you with Jx.
      If he has set or 7 then you won´t bet/fold anyway 4-5$ on the river.
      I was afraid he called preflop with pocket deuces (for set value) or maybe A7s (that seems to happen a lot on these limits), this of course makes my river push a bit strange. Think I need to learn to let go of kings and aces.

I was really disgusted by the outcome of this hand, villain was holding pocket 5's and thus hit a full-house on the river. Almost went on tilt after that one :(
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If you use for example elephant or other software then you could sort out which hands are the most profitable. I believe that 99% that hand is aces. So you really should have strong feeling not to bet value with aces on that board. Sure, he catch his 2 outer on the river, but that doesn't mean that you didn't play the hand correctly on the flop,turn or river. Since he seems to be calling station he might also called river without hitting his set.