Expectation you better not have them

• Angelface21
      Angelface21
      Bronze
      Once and for all a happy newyear started with me with a horrible downswing. i expected things to happen that way, therefore an expectation based upon being humble is a good thing. More over it demands the focus upon staying momentum making the right decisions.

Now I notice that when there is a balance in the make up or down you never argue about your play or at least less when you win. I realize that doubts occur when the swing hits the fan when there is a downtrend occuring. I have not played yet 20K hands so anything what happens now is just variance I suppose.

Before the 27th of September I ran around 8 percent on the hypers, running around 100 buyins above my red line. For some talking about red lines and green lines goes hand in hand with fuck those lines, but we should notice that we are not playing to be lucky.

Questions popping up when going in a correctional trend is if I might push to loose from the co and bu relating to small +EV pushes. I am playing the 3.50 at stars and many says you need to tighten up there cause they call you way to loose. That could be so but not taking those small + EV pushes will cost a lot of money in the long run. I consider that also being a valuable argument.

Will post questions eventually in the forum too wanting to see what the pushing ranges in real life are comparing the arguments wizard is making. Specially from the co and bu having around 7-12

What can we expect at the hypers? 3% over 20K of games. That would give me some confidence knowing that 4.4% over 2500 games isn't that bad, although my red is around 2%! But he some pro's telling me not even to look at those lines just concentrate upon the game! Well ofcourse but still?!
      http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/564/recenttrend.gif
  • 3 replies
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      That's not a downswing.
    • Angelface21
      Angelface21
      Bronze
      Spunghe,

What is this than, When I fall from 8 to 4% roi you would argue this to be just a correction? I am going around 60 buyins down right now? What we consider to be a downswing than. I imagine you know a bit more about this cause i only have played 2500 hypers sofar!

• VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, Angelface...

Well, yeah, its a downswing for sure, but if your upswing was 100 BI > red line, then over a long period of time, the two lines will get closer, with periods of > EV and < EV averaging out.

Will post questions eventually in the forum too wanting to see what the pushing ranges in real life are comparing the arguments wizard is making. Specially from the co and bu having around 7-12
      If you mean the program Sit-N-Go Wizard, then it is really important to make sure that you have the ranges correct for the villains.

They make this point in their instructions -- it gives you answers base on what YOU decide villains ranges to be.

If you get those wrong, the answers will be wrong.

Best of luck, and welcome to the blog section!
      --VS