Stacks:
      UTG ($20) 100bb
      UTG+1 ($20) 100bb
      Her0 (CO) ($41.69) 208bb
      BTN ($21.75) 109bb
      SB ($20.08) 100bb
      BB ($33.86) 169bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.30, 6 players) Her0 is CO K:spade: K:diamond:
      2 folds, Her0 raises to $0.60, 1 fold, SB raises to $1.80, 1 fold, Her0 calls $1.20

Flop: J:heart: 4:diamond: 9:heart: ($3.80, 2 players)
      SB bets $2, Her0 calls $2

Turn: 3:spade: ($7.80, 2 players)
      SB bets $4, Her0 calls $4

River: A:spade: ($15.80, 2 players)
      SB bets $12.28, Her0 folds

Seat 6: Player6 ( $20.08 USD ) - VPIP: 15, PFR: 10, 3B: 3, AF: 3.4, Hands: 213
      3bet from SB: 4(24h), cBet 77%

Pre I flat since he has a rather tight 3bet range so I decide to slowplay my KK.
      Flop, Turn: I don't think there is a point in raising at any point, is it? we are still ahead of QQ, AJ

River: Here I fold, since QQ doesn't play like this, he most probably has JJ/AA, AJ. Sure he can have some busted draws (QTs, suited hearts), but we don't know if he can play them this way, and he has a tight 3bet range.

Should I have played this differently?
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Don't slowplay a value hand vs a tight range. All that can happen is you miss out on value. You are CO vs SB, you don't rep that much strength when 4betting imo. You need him to 3bet/fold AK and QQ all combos to not get it KK here pre.
    • NightShadePMC
      NightShadePMC
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Don't slowplay a value hand vs a tight range. All that can happen is you miss out on value. You are CO vs SB, you don't rep that much strength when 4betting imo. You need him to 3bet/fold AK and QQ all combos to not get it KK here pre.
      Ok ty I have recently transitioned from FR to SH, that's why I do things like these. What are my strongest hands that I should flat here? QQ? or JJ?

As played? It's a fold OTR, right?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      @hand: yes, played fine imo. Hard to say if raising flop might be better. If he stacks off QQ and good draws or folds good draws you are +EV ro raise and get it in there. That said, same goes for turn. His bet looks rather small given the board and ranges so he could definitely be trying a cheap bluff/thin value with a worse hand.

@pre: it doesn't change much from FR, it's all about ranges. FR players have somewhat tighter ranges typically and that the only reason you don't always 4bet KK but not in CO vs SB, it's more like UTG vs MP where 2 tight ranges meet. Here, your range is reasonably wide in CO while his in SB is tight ofc, but behind KK, including his value 3betting range. That's why I would never slowplay KK here. Regarding what you can flat here: JJ is really borderline imo, QQ, AK, AQs is probably fine. You don't have to flat a lot against a strong range. Makes more sense that if he is ever bluffing to 4bet bluff/value at a good frequency and if he is never bluffing usually you can just fold and cooler him. If he is so tight, he is not restealing enough for you to really be concerned about defending vs his 3bet. You can do it but you need very good postflop skills to make a profit vs a very strong range.