Stacks:
      UTG ($52.64) 105bb
      UTG+1 ($56.49) 113bb
      CO ($31) 62bb
      BTN ($50) 100bb
      SB ($52.38) 105bb
      hero (BB) ($50.75) 102bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) hero is BB 2:club: A:club:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $1.50, 1 fold, hero raises to $5, BTN raises to $10.50, hero calls $5.50

Flop: 8:spade: 7:diamond: 2:heart: ($21.25, 2 players)
      hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: 6:spade: ($21.25, 2 players)
      hero bets ????

Villain is a tight reg 17/12, RFI BTN 43%, fold to 3bet 83%, his kind of a fit/fold guy, doesnt fight for pots, and gives up easily when misses.

I was 3betting him a lot, and I was expecting him to play back sooner or later. Maybe Im just leveling myself but his 3bet after 500 hands is 1% so Im not sure does he 4bet for value like ever and If he does he probably 4bets for value bigger.

After watching mblms video I'm trying to get my 3bet range more balanced.
      I should 3bet agains him 43% RFI*25-35%=13%(3bet range) I pick 30% cause I think he gives up very easily so I can win more pots so 13% from which 11% (ATs-A2s,KTs-K8s,QTs-Q8s,J8s+,T8s+,98s,87s,ATo,KTo-K9o,QTo-Q9o) as bluff and 2% (AK, KK+) for value.

When villain does not cbet I think his mostly giving up, I havent seen him beeing tricky at all. So I think I should bet the turn to protect against random overcards. What sizing should I choose? Im thinking 5-8$ so my bluff has to work less often.
  • 5 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      hi.

my video is just a rough guide. you dont have to follow it so strictly and im definitely 3betting JJ and QQ too for value in these positions.

1) Preflop Call is definitely an option when you are in the BB. You can checkraise some flops.

2) With regards to the 4bet, this call is not very good. We determined already that he doesnt fight back and folds 83% to 3bets. So when he 4bets here he is really strong and has your A2s crushed. He either dominates you with AK or his other pocketpairs has like 70% equity. While you are getting great odds of maybe 26%, I think the playability issues of being OOP without initiative is going to make life hell for u.

so i will fold.

3) Once he checks back this flop, I think you can valuebet 1 street. Not 2 streets unless he is a huge station (which i think he isnt). I~ll halfpot Turn and Check river, hoping he has AK high.
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze

I was 3betting him a lot, and I was expecting him to play back sooner or later. Maybe Im just leveling myself but his 3bet after 500 hands is 1% so Im not sure does he 4bet for value like ever and If he does he probably 4bets for value bigger.
      I think you're leveling yourself. What evidence did you have that he was adapting? How many times had you 3bet him? MBML, what should we look for that he is adapting?

My theory is a more natural adapation for most regs (and tighter guys)is to call more IP with the top of their previous folding range and then play as they have been postflop.

The 4bet looks scarily for value. He only ever puts money in the pot with premiums, unless he's flipping out, why would he do any different?
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Makes sense to fold vs 4bet pre, I'll try to be more disciplined and fold more, the small sizing just sucks me in. Definitely leaked some money in similar spots.
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by jules97
      I think you're leveling yourself. What evidence did you have that he was adapting? How many times had you 3bet him? MBML, what should we look for that he is adapting?My theory is a more natural adapation for most regs (and tighter guys)is to call more IP with the top of their previous folding range and then play as they have been postflop.The 4bet looks scarily for value. He only ever puts money in the pot with premiums, unless he's flipping out, why would he do any different?[/quote]

Might be the 4th time in a row, but I agree, I probably just leveled myself and this time was correct as villain insta folded to 1/3 turn bet.
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      Originally posted by jules97

I think you're leveling yourself. What evidence did you have that he was adapting? How many times had you 3bet him? MBML, what should we look for that he is adapting?

My theory is a more natural adapation for most regs (and tighter guys)is to call more IP with the top of their previous folding range and then play as they have been postflop.

The 4bet looks scarily for value. He only ever puts money in the pot with premiums, unless he's flipping out, why would he do any different?
      I'm not mbml but generally you will see their hud #s change and they will start fighting for pots more often than before.