[NL20-NL50] Top two in 3bet pot deep

• Crokid
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, K.
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.50, 2 folds, SB raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $5.00, MP3 folds, SB calls $3.50.

Flop: ($10.5) A, K, T (2 players)
      SB bets $4.99, Hero raises to $10.00, SB raises to $20.00, Hero calls $10.00.

Turn: ($50.5) 8 (2 players)
      SB bets $35.00 Hero?

hands 436
      Villain 24/17/3bet 11.6/AF 2
      Call 3bet 63
      Postflop agg 36%

On the flop I think I should have raised more.What if I raised to $16-17 and got min raised then? Do i snap fold then?

I desided to call and re-evaluate turn. If he bets big i thought i can fold on blanks and flushes. Dont know rly what is the best play.
  • 8 replies
    • Rihard4a
      Well I don't play as high stakes as you but when somebody with that stats min-raises me I snap fold because 99% it's the nuts. :D

Edit: And as well you should consider the fact that when he called 3bet he also donked the flop OOP, how often does the villain make such line etc...
    • booomm
      most important things to look at:
      1) how often does he donk bet ?
      2) what is your table image ?
    • dooleslovs
      Why raise F donk? I would have called down on blanks. Of cource after raising so small you could induse some wierd spazz but do we need it? I think better to keep his range wide he could be doing this with aq at qq jj flush draws combo draws if we raise we most likelh end up vs stronger part of his donki g range.
    • MatejM47
      Well if you decide to raise the flop you have to go with your hand.

I mean what are you hoping to happen when your raise? You either going to get a fold, which you do not want to see, or your going to get raised which you also don't want to see.

If your hoping for him to call with his draws then minraising really makes no sense at all since you give him such great odds, you really have to raise to like 25$.

Basically by raising his donk your committing yourself to the pot and should never consider folding, it just makes no sense. You should either raise and plan to stack off or you just flat his donk and flat pretty much any turn and decide on the river.
      Moved to the hand evaluation board :)
    • Kaitz20

generally I think fold is better, but it depends a lot table dynamic. Mostly bet/3-bet are better hands than board than heros top two pair and I doubt SB is overplaying that spot AT. If you´re ahead then against JcTc

best regards,
    • vengeance77
      On the flop I'll never call D/3b. I prefer 4b/f like a bluff, 4b/c or just fold depending of his D range :)
    • mbml

1) Flatting pre is an option, we want to keep the fish in. compare that to 3betting deep IP vs a reg. Which has higher EV? The bigger the fish, the better flatting is. Like if the fish is VPIP 60 I would flat here for sure. If he's a tight passive then I prefer 3betting.

2) I often think raising top two on 3 broadway boards is overplay. His donk line doesn't make too much sense with the nuts though, I think people prefer c/r.

I would just flat the 3bet and fold all bad cards (flush, straight) while shipping all blanks. We do beat a good number of combodraw type of hands and there is already a lot of dead money in the pot. Remember that he is mostly repping QJs and TT, while he could have a good number of other weaker hands.