[NL2-NL10] calldown Khigh?

• Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $5.67 - VPIP: 25, PFR: 20, 3B: 4, AF: 1,1, Hands: 96
      BTN: $5.46 - VPIP: 28, PFR: 20, 3B: 5, AF: 1,8, Hands: 71
      SB: $4.45 - VPIP: 34, PFR: 7, 3B: 2, AF: 1,5, Hands: 239 opens 36% from blinds, and cb:71, no data about 2ndbarrel, WTS:25
      Hero (BB): $5.13 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 4, AF: 2,0, Hands: 81929
      UTG: $5.59 - VPIP: 24, PFR: 20, 3B: 8, AF: 1,6, Hands: 137
      MP: $5.07 - VPIP: 13, PFR: 6, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 63

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BB with Q :heart: K :club:
      4 folds, SB raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.30) 6 :club: J :club: 3 :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.15, Hero calls $0.15

Turn: ($0.60) 3 :spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.30, Hero folds

I have problem flopping nothing vs loose players. I mean, I have nothing, but he has probably nothing aswell. WHat should I do? I cant raise for value, and I cant raise as a bluff. Calldown? That sounds fishy, but I dont have any better idea
  • 6 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop is fine.

So if we want to call here on the flop, then we will have to have a solid plan how to take down the hand on the later streets.
      Calling down with K high doesn't really make any sense since he could easily end up betting with A2 here and win.
      So if we call here on the flop, we have to plan the turn if he checks and probably call/raise some turn cards that improve our equity.

Overall, I wouldn't say that we need to outplay these guys postflop, so if you just fold the flop it would be fine as well.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kymupa
      Hello,

Preflop is fine.

So if we want to call here on the flop, then we will have to have a solid plan how to take down the hand on the later streets.
      Calling down with K high doesn't really make any sense since he could easily end up betting with A2 here and win.
      So if we call here on the flop, we have to plan the turn if he checks and probably call/raise some turn cards that improve our equity.

Overall, I wouldn't say that we need to outplay these guys postflop, so if you just fold the flop it would be fine as well.

Best,
      Plamen
      +1
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      Hi!

What about raising his C-bet? Villain C-bets decent amount and 1/2 looks more like a bluff.

We still have 2 over-cards + backdoor FD and we can barrel any A, K, Q, T, club on the turn.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Well, villain looks rather passive preflop, so I'd expect him to have a strong range.

I'd only raise here if I know he's capable of folding mediocre hands.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      +1
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kymupa
      Hello,

Preflop is fine.

Best,
      Plamen