UTG: $5.42 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 12, 3B: 0, AF: 4,5, Hands: 74
      MP: $2.45 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 23, 3B: 15, AF: 3,0, Hands: 35
      CO: $1.73 - VPIP: 58, PFR: 3, 3B: 0, AF: 13,3, Hands: 110
      BTN: $3.79 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 11, 3B: 0, AF: 0,8, Hands: 35
      SB: $3.50 - VPIP: 33, PFR: 20, 3B: 0, AF: 1,2, Hands: 92
      Hero (BB): $5.00 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 4, AF: 2,0, Hands: 81929

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BB with A :heart: Q :diamond:
      1 fold, MP raises to $0.15, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.32) 3 :diamond: 3 :spade: 5 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.15, Hero calls $0.15

Turn: ($0.62) 2 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.35, Hero calls $0.35

River: ($1.32) 4 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

I'm unable to fold A-high on these low boards. I really cant. ,,Just because I miss, it doesnt mean he hits" is consantly in my head. ,,Am I so unlucky, that I miss, and he hits? Pfff, I wont let him bluff me out, he has the same chance to flop nothing as me. The only difference is, that he is the PFR, that DOES NOT make his range stronger than mine.
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Imimba,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: With the logic you use down there you can start calling anything postflop.

When we have TP on a flush board and get raised. Clearly he can't hit that too often right?

We have to look at these spots case by case and try to put people on ranges. Not just say this board doesn't hit his range so I am calling down. We have to assign some hands that would play like this.

For example, do we expect villain to double barrel bluffs on this board? If so, what hands bluff and which valuebet?

As played why not donk the river for 2/3 or so as most pairs will probably check back there?
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Imimba,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: With the logic you use down there you can start calling anything postflop.

When we have TP on a flush board and get raised. Clearly he can't hit that too often right?

We have to look at these spots case by case and try to put people on ranges. Not just say this board doesn't hit his range so I am calling down. We have to assign some hands that would play like this.

For example, do we expect villain to double barrel bluffs on this board? If so, what hands bluff and which valuebet?

As played why not donk the river for 2/3 or so as most pairs will probably check back there?
      I agree, river is bet.

Maybe I just put ppl horribly on ranges. Villain could 2ndbarrel with A-high, K-high, pairs, draws, too many hands for me comprehend. If he turns out to have e.g. 88, I'd just say to myself: you were simply unlucky. Ah, my biggest weakness is A-high, I must not understand something. Maybe people bluff less as I think they do?
      Maybe because he opened from MP, his range is on the stronger side, so turn is ch.f...
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      We've kinda covered this in the other A high and K high sections but to answer your section yes, you overestimate how often people bluff and their ranges.

Just because they have certain hands in their range doesn't mean that they will bluff with them.

A lot of check back that turn without a made hand or strong draw because, rightfully so, they don't expect to have the greatest fold equity. On top of that we have to take into account what we know about villain and in this case his bet size which seems to represent some sort of pair or maybe AK/AQ
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      +1
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      +1