[NL2-NL10] AKo

• gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Prima, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $20.83 (208.3 bb)
      CO: $11.25 (112.5 bb)
      BTN: $4 (40 bb)
      SB: $10.05 (100.5 bb)
      BB: $10 (100 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $12.23 (122.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A K
      Hero raises to $0.30, MP folds, CO calls $0.30, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.75) T 7 K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.55, CO raises to $1.60, Hero calls $1.05

Turn: ($3.95) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.40, Hero calls $2.40

River: ($8.75) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $6.95 and is all-in, Hero calls $6.95

No info :( anon table

typical scenario, TPTK getting raised on the flop? Im starting to think if i should just snap fold when this happens.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Gxtwo,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: First, as played I don't see why we fold the river after calling both flop and turn and most draws missed (only QJ gets there). If you thought your hand was best on flop/turn why not on the river? because he shoved on a "blank"?

Now back to the flop. Against unknown players, unless we plan to bluffcatch 2-3 streets or just 3-bet the flop you are better off bet/folding the flop.
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Postflop: First, as played I don't see why we fold the river after calling both flop and turn and most draws missed (only QJ gets there). If you thought your hand was best on flop/turn why not on the river? because he shoved on a "blank"?
      uhm... we dont fold bogdan? :D

Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Now back to the flop. Against unknown players, unless we plan to bluffcatch 2-3 streets or just 3-bet the flop you are better off bet/folding the flop.
      This is what i meant :) It seems a standard thing that happens and i always feel i come out worse, Imean what is he raising on the flop tht we beat? draws? even then our equity isnt very good.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Sorry about that. I could swear I saw it said Hero folds :)

I agree with you that against an unknown opponent it's hard to put him on a range and that's why we normally bet/fold.

He can raise KT, TT, 77 for value and draws/combo draws.

If he is really loose he can raise worse Kx for value but that's rare.

So by default, especially in less aggressive games, we should look to bet/fold more often than not.