This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AKo

• gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Prima, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $20.83 (208.3 bb)
      CO: $11.25 (112.5 bb)
      BTN: $4 (40 bb)
      SB: $10.05 (100.5 bb)
      BB: $10 (100 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $12.23 (122.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A K
      Hero raises to $0.30, MP folds, CO calls $0.30, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.75) T 7 K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.55, CO raises to $1.60, Hero calls $1.05

Turn: ($3.95) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.40, Hero calls $2.40

River: ($8.75) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $6.95 and is all-in, Hero calls $6.95

No info :( anon table

typical scenario, TPTK getting raised on the flop? Im starting to think if i should just snap fold when this happens.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Gxtwo,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: First, as played I don't see why we fold the river after calling both flop and turn and most draws missed (only QJ gets there). If you thought your hand was best on flop/turn why not on the river? because he shoved on a "blank"?

Now back to the flop. Against unknown players, unless we plan to bluffcatch 2-3 streets or just 3-bet the flop you are better off bet/folding the flop.
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Postflop: First, as played I don't see why we fold the river after calling both flop and turn and most draws missed (only QJ gets there). If you thought your hand was best on flop/turn why not on the river? because he shoved on a "blank"?
      uhm... we dont fold bogdan? :D

Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Now back to the flop. Against unknown players, unless we plan to bluffcatch 2-3 streets or just 3-bet the flop you are better off bet/folding the flop.
      This is what i meant :) It seems a standard thing that happens and i always feel i come out worse, Imean what is he raising on the flop tht we beat? draws? even then our equity isnt very good.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Sorry about that. I could swear I saw it said Hero folds :)

I agree with you that against an unknown opponent it's hard to put him on a range and that's why we normally bet/fold.

He can raise KT, TT, 77 for value and draws/combo draws.

If he is really loose he can raise worse Kx for value but that's rare.

So by default, especially in less aggressive games, we should look to bet/fold more often than not.