BB ($4.55)
      UTG ($0.89)
      UTG+1 ($2)
      UTG+2 ($2.58)
      MP1 ($1.72)
      Hero ($2)
      BTN ($2.97)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: A:club:

fold, fold, UTG+2 raises to $0.06, fold, Hero raises to $0.18, fold, fold, fold, UTG+2 calls $0.12

FLOP ($0.39) 8:diamond: 6:heart: 5:diamond:

UTG+2 bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

TURN ($0.79) 8:diamond: 6:heart: 5:diamond: 2:spade:

UTG+2 bets $0.40, Hero folds

UTG+2 wins $0.76

Villain stats are 52/11 AF 2 over 96 hands
      In this sample his donk bet is 50%, hes folding on cbets almost never and his cbet on flop is 80%
      also I have note of him limping 99 UTG and check raising x2 on KQK flop heads up with iso raiser(me)

I 3bet him and he donks on a board where I have absolutely nothing but I called thinking he is probably donking anything on the flop, turn is basically blank he bets again and I didnt feel like guessing does he have some made hand or is just betting again with some kind of air...

Should I have folded on the flop because I was with only 2 overcards vs someone who rarely folds?

Usually vs fishy guys I quit even with AK if they call my flop cbet if I didnt make anything on the flop/turn because they will just call with any made hand..
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Lavek,

I recommend that against guys like this we don't start calling hands 1-2 streets and then fold, especially on blanks.

So our plan should be to either fold the flop and move on to the next hand and bluffcatch with some made hands or call flop/turn/river especially when everything missed.

My recommendation would be to fold the flop without more solid reads as to what he donks and for how much.
    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      thank you...will take note