SB ($2.92)
      BB ($1.02)
      UTG ($2)
      UTG+1 ($1.95)
      Hero ($2.11)
      CO ($3.51)
      BTN ($3.31)

Dealt to Hero J:club: A:club:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.08, CO raises to $0.14, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.06

FLOP ($0.31) 3:heart: J:heart: Q:club:

Hero checks, CO bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12

TURN ($0.55) 3:heart: J:heart: Q:club: 6:spade:

Hero checks, CO bets $0.31, Hero folds

CO wins $0.53

Villain was very loose on few hands I got on him (30), 72/10 AF 8 and his 3bet% was 12.5

Because of that and the small size of his 3bet is the only reason I called it...was it still better to just fold this hand?

On the flop I call his cbet because he could be just hitting it with air seeing he is very agressive...I hoped he would maybe slow down and take the hand to the showdown but it was to expensive for me to call again even vs this kind of this player...
      Im not sure really how to play vs these kind of players when I dont have atleast top pair

thanks
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Lavek,

Preflop: given the price he gives us and our hand we can call to see a flop, even OOP

Postflop: Let's first start here: " he could be just hitting it with air seeing he is very agressive"

If that's your assumption why are we hoping that he would slow down? Aggressive players rarely slow down and since you just called a small bet on that board he could also be assuming your hand is week.

So, like the AK hand, here we either call down the blank turn as well or just fold the flop.

Considering he did 3-bet preflop and we have no idea how he really plays now I do recommend that you look at folding the flop more often than not (because after we call we stand do make bigger mistakes despite the equity we still have in the pot).

As played, based on our assumptions, I would call turn and most blank rivers.
    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze