NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5)
      BB ($8.37)
      UTG ($5.53)
      UTG+1 ($5.03)
      CO ($3.13)
      Hero ($5.09)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: Q:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.15, CO calls $0.15, Hero raises to $0.55, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.40, CO calls $0.40

FLOP ($1.72) A:spade: 2:spade: 8:heart:

UTG+1 checks, CO checks, Hero checks

TURN ($1.72) A:spade: 2:spade: 8:heart: 6:heart:

UTG+1 checks, CO bets $0.45, Hero calls $0.45, UTG+1 folds

RIVER ($2.62) A:spade: 2:spade: 8:heart: 6:heart: Q:spade:

CO bets $0.85, Hero raises to $4.09 (AI), CO folds

Hero shows A:diamond: Q:diamond:

Hero wins $4.04

CO

BU
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: I'm assuming the first stat is actually for UTG+1 and second for CO? You have them labeled as CO and BTN (but we are BTN).

Either way the 3-bet is fine.

Postflop: Considering the nature of the board and the fact that we have a fishy guy in the pot I don't understand why we don't cbet the flop there?

As played why not raise the turn to about 1.5? UTG+1 most likely has nothing and if he does have a draw he can still call our raise. Our hand is underrepped so pairs may call us here and draws will surely call.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I didn't cbet because of utg1, i planned to make him fold pre and what he calls in with his tight range might be ak,qq and i block half of the qq-s even with looser call he could be on QQ-TT,AQs+,AQo+. Against him i aim to keep the pot small, and the fish can be stacked in 2 streets, As was on the board too.

On turn utg1 probably on pp but fish stabbed the board at that moment i took it assuming he finishes that with a river push, alternative is pushing.

How would you play how much would you bet what if utg1 shows interest ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      I didn't cbet because of utg1, i planned to make him fold pre and what he calls in with his tight range might be ak,qq and i block half of the qq-s even with looser call he could be on QQ-TT,AQs+,AQo+. Against him i aim to keep the pot small, and the fish can be stacked in 2 streets, As was on the board too.

On turn utg1 probably on pp but fish stabbed the board at that moment i took it assuming he finishes that with a river push, alternative is pushing.

How would you play how much would you bet what if utg1 shows interest ?
      Considering there is a fish to act behind UTG I would assume he calls a lot of pairs/speculative hands (like suited broadways even) to play a pot multiway.

So as played I would raise the turn to 1.5.

If I were to play it I'd cbet the flop small and if UTG sticks around we can pot control the turn and even fold the river versus him (if he bets after the turn).