This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] AA 3way

• zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      std flop pukecall?

villain is 22/17, AF:2, AFq: 55, looked pretty solid

iPoker - $0.20 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BB): $24.20
      UTG: $9.52
      MP: $20.10
      CO: $24.92
      BTN: $21.10
      SB: $44.98

SB posts SB $0.10, Hero posts BB $0.20

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.30) Hero has A:heart: A:club:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.70, fold, SB calls $0.60, Hero raises to $2.80, CO calls $2.10, SB calls $2.10

Flop: ($8.40, 3 players) 9:heart: Q:spade: 5:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.80, CO calls $3.80, SB raises to $17.70, Hero raises to $21.40, fold, SB calls $3.70

Turn: ($55.00, 2 players) 7:club:

River: ($55.00, 2 players) 2:club:

Hero shows A:heart: A:club: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 93%, Flop 91%, Turn 95%)
      SB shows Q:heart: A:diamond: (One Pair, Queens) (Pre 7%, Flop 9%, Turn 5%)
      Hero wins $52.25
  • 7 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Zumpar,

I wouldn't expect a call here in the long run to show a lot of profit, if any. SB c/r into 2 players is usually strong. Actually the fact he check-raise huge rather than c/r small actually makes his range a little less strong imo, includes more hands like flush-draws, straight-draws, monster-draws that he doesn't want to play brick-turn cards on.

I think the hand is ok; but I wouldn't be too excited about it, and I'm not convinced there is a huge difference between calling and folding here.

As a general rule, when you get check-raised in a multi-way pot with one pair, you are crushed. The exception here is that there is more dead-money in the pot (CO flop call) making a light jam more profitable for SB, and also that he check-raises big. In most other scenarios where you get c/r with AA like this it should be a pretty easy fold.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Silver
      Please not that he'll have a lot less draws in his range since we block A :heart: .
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by maheepsangari
      Please not that he'll have a lot less draws in his range since we block A :heart: .
      Yup, definitely true. Perhaps this is less of a factor on a board with so many combo draws?He might be inclined to ship a 6h7h with the gutshot but less likely to ship a naked 7h flush draw multiway etc.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      mispost
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Silver
      Except T :heart: J :heart: what else do you think is a strong draw that calls a huge squeeze preflop? Even T :heart: J :heart: is a bit extreme, maybe since CO called, SB decided to call.

I think his range will be 99,55,QQ,J :heart: T :heart: . Maybe sometimes AQ but less likely since we hold A :heart: .
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Silver
      Originally posted by w34z3l
      He might be inclined to ship a 6h7h with the gutshot but less likely to ship a naked 7h flush draw multiway etc.
      Highly doubt 6h7h does that there. Highly doubt 6h7h even reaches the flop unless villain really loves his suited connectors.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by maheepsangari
      Except T :heart: J :heart: what else do you think is a strong draw that calls a huge squeeze preflop? Even T :heart: J :heart: is a bit extreme, maybe since CO called, SB decided to call.

I think his range will be 99,55,QQ,J :heart: T :heart: . Maybe sometimes AQ but less likely since we hold A :heart: .
      Depends on the player in the SB for sure. It's not inconceivable he can make this play with SC or a KhJh regardless of whether it's a decent play or not.

Also, I agree that there is a strong case for folding here. I don't even expect to have an equity edge allin here, except a decent amount of dead money means it is not required. If I was playing this hand, I'd probably fold.