Hero (BB): $24.20
      UTG: $9.52
      MP: $20.10
      CO: $24.92
      BTN: $21.10
      SB: $44.98

SB posts SB $0.10, Hero posts BB $0.20

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.30) Hero has A:heart: A:club:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.70, fold, SB calls $0.60, Hero raises to $2.80, CO calls $2.10, SB calls $2.10

Flop: ($8.40, 3 players) 9:heart: Q:spade: 5:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.80, CO calls $3.80, SB raises to $17.70, Hero raises to $21.40, fold, SB calls $3.70

Turn: ($55.00, 2 players) 7:club:

River: ($55.00, 2 players) 2:club:

Hero shows A:heart: A:club: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 93%, Flop 91%, Turn 95%)
      SB shows Q:heart: A:diamond: (One Pair, Queens) (Pre 7%, Flop 9%, Turn 5%)
      Hero wins $52.25
  • 7 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Zumpar,

I wouldn't expect a call here in the long run to show a lot of profit, if any. SB c/r into 2 players is usually strong. Actually the fact he check-raise huge rather than c/r small actually makes his range a little less strong imo, includes more hands like flush-draws, straight-draws, monster-draws that he doesn't want to play brick-turn cards on.

I think the hand is ok; but I wouldn't be too excited about it, and I'm not convinced there is a huge difference between calling and folding here.

As a general rule, when you get check-raised in a multi-way pot with one pair, you are crushed. The exception here is that there is more dead-money in the pot (CO flop call) making a light jam more profitable for SB, and also that he check-raises big. In most other scenarios where you get c/r with AA like this it should be a pretty easy fold.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Please not that he'll have a lot less draws in his range since we block A :heart: .
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by maheepsangari
      Please not that he'll have a lot less draws in his range since we block A :heart: .
      Yup, definitely true. Perhaps this is less of a factor on a board with so many combo draws?He might be inclined to ship a 6h7h with the gutshot but less likely to ship a naked 7h flush draw multiway etc.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      mispost
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Except T :heart: J :heart: what else do you think is a strong draw that calls a huge squeeze preflop? Even T :heart: J :heart: is a bit extreme, maybe since CO called, SB decided to call.

I think his range will be 99,55,QQ,J :heart: T :heart: . Maybe sometimes AQ but less likely since we hold A :heart: .
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Originally posted by w34z3l
      He might be inclined to ship a 6h7h with the gutshot but less likely to ship a naked 7h flush draw multiway etc.
      Highly doubt 6h7h does that there. Highly doubt 6h7h even reaches the flop unless villain really loves his suited connectors.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by maheepsangari
      Except T :heart: J :heart: what else do you think is a strong draw that calls a huge squeeze preflop? Even T :heart: J :heart: is a bit extreme, maybe since CO called, SB decided to call.

I think his range will be 99,55,QQ,J :heart: T :heart: . Maybe sometimes AQ but less likely since we hold A :heart: .
      Depends on the player in the SB for sure. It's not inconceivable he can make this play with SC or a KhJh regardless of whether it's a decent play or not.

Also, I agree that there is a strong case for folding here. I don't even expect to have an equity edge allin here, except a decent amount of dead money means it is not required. If I was playing this hand, I'd probably fold.