A Quitter Never Wins And A Winner Never Quits - 180man mtt grinder wanna be

• BogdanMarin69
      BogdanMarin69
      Bronze
      Hello guys today I decided to start my own blog!
      My name is Bogdan, I have 32 years old from Bucharest Romania. About 1.5 years ago a friend of mine told me about the online poker and I decided to start playing for fun. My first two deposits of $15 were rapidly donated to the sharks of pokerstars and then I decided to be more serious about poker. So I started to read all poker books I could find, watch videos, browse poker forums, etc. I made the final deposit of 15$ end started to grind the 45man 25c tournaments on pokerstars. After some time I tried diferent formats: 1$ 45man normal speed, 0.5/1.5$, 45man turbo, 1.5$ 6max hypers.

This is my graph of all my poker life:

As you can see 800$ for 1.5years of poker is not very appealing(anyway, I'm happy I'm not on the red side of the graph :D ) so I dicided to make a plan to climb up in the limits with a starting bankroll of 50$:

BR:0-100$ I will play 90man 0.5$ turbo
      BR:100-250$ I will play 90man 1$ turbo
      BR:250-800$ I will play 180man 2.5$ turbo

So what do you think about my plan?

Until now I played about 250 tournaments with a nice ROI of 67% and my BR went up to 133$ so now I'm playing 1$ 90man turbos:

Waiting for your feedbacks...

• 19 replies
    • BogdanMarin69
      BogdanMarin69
      Bronze
      I would like also to start a study group with people who play the same tournaments on stars so if you are interested please let me know.
    • BogdanMarin69
      BogdanMarin69
      Bronze
      today session: 17games 1$ 90man turbo:
      4 cashes (place 3, 7, 7, 11) total profit 4$

BR: 137$
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi Bogdan!
      Welcome to our blogging section.

It looks like you're well on your way!

Keep it up -- you're apparently doing something right.

How much time to you spend studying, and how much time playing?

All the best,
      --VS
    • BogdanMarin69
      BogdanMarin69
      Bronze
      hi Vorpal!

I try to play at least 6h/day but sometimes my eyes get very tired, do you know any tips about easing the stress on the eyes?
      About studying lately I was kinda lazy and I only reviewed my session on holdem manager. I try to motivate myself to start posting hands on the forum for evaluation.

Also when I'm winning I tend to stop study so much but when I lose then I start to be frighten of playing so I start to study much more.

I have read about 15-20poker books(most of them 2 times because on the seccond read, after some more experience I understand much more from them) - harrington, kill everyone, moshman sng and headusp, etc.
      I read all articles from pokerstategy to gold level!
      Watch lots of videos.
      Studied about ICM, nash rangers and I understood them very easy because of my job background(I am an computer programmer)

what is your advice about this balance between play and study?
    • DannyJQ
      DannyJQ
      Bronze
      I try to play at least 6h/day but sometimes my eyes get very tired, do you know any tips about easing the stress on the eyes?
      Hey if you are playing at night(or just staying at night on the computer in general) I suggest you to try f.lux:

http://stereopsis.com/flux/

Its freeware program that modifies the brightness and contrast of your screen during the different parts of the daynight.

After i started using this program I could easily make longer sessions especially at night. It might be a bit strange at first because it will look way too orangish, but you will get used to it in no time and you will see how bad it was before.

Good luck with your blog and poker progress :f_thumbsup:
    • BogdanMarin69
      BogdanMarin69
      Bronze
      thank you for your advice, I'll give it a try tonight!
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by BogdanMarin69
      6 hours per day is close to a full-time job.

I use a computer all day at work, and at regular intervals, I look into the distance for several seconds.

Your work environment should be as ergonomic as possible.
      Since I'm in British Columbia, we use the WorkSafe BC publication "How to Make Your Computer Workstation Fit You" That link is a pdf file, so you can download it and refer to it again.

I THINK that it has tips in their for avoiding eyestrain -- it's been a while since I went through it.

It is going to be hard to play your best game when you're tired, sore and uncomfortable

Regards,
      --VS
    • BogdanMarin69
      BogdanMarin69
      Bronze
      Well this is one of my goals, to play poker as a full time job. Right now my job is not so time demanding and I get lots of vacantion because I'm teaching computer science at a highscool here in Bucharest.

Another dream of mine is to start my own poker studio where I will teach young people to grind the tables but first I have to prove myself a winning player on the tables... I'll be back with the results of today session.
    • BogdanMarin69
      BogdanMarin69
      Bronze
      Today Session: 31 tournaments 1$ 90man turbo:
      7 cashes (1, 2, 5, 5, 6, 11, 11)
      Starting BR: 137$
      Final BR: 163$

It started not so well but in the end it was profitable:

Bronze
      very well done. good luck . will follow.
    • BogdanMarin69
      BogdanMarin69
      Bronze
      Here is the hand that made me to lose the heads up and take seccond place! Can you guess his hand? Could I have played it differently so that I would not lose all my stack at the showdown?

Poker Stars $0.91+$0.09 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t2000/t4000 Blinds + t400 - 2 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN/SB: t80608 M = 11.85
      Hero (BB): t54392 M = 8.00

Pre Flop: (t6800) Hero is BB with 9:spade: 6:club:
      BTN/SB calls t2000, Hero checks

Flop: (t8800) 6:spade: 9:diamond: 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN/SB checks

Turn: (t8800) 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets t4000, BTN/SB raises to t8000, Hero raises to t49992 all in, BTN/SB calls t41992

River: (t108784) 3:club: (2 players - 1 is all in)
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Since you ask, I'm assuming he made his hand on the turn.
      Therefore he has pocket deuces.

If he has a made str8 on the flop, nothing you can do will push him off of it.

If you shove earlier, still no guarantee he folds.

Would he have folded to a raise pre?

If he does have pocket 8s or 6s, isn't going anywhere either.

Take 2nd gratefully and move on.

You'll get your turn soon enough.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      Subscribed, definitely following and glad to see another 90mans(mtsngs) blog'eh :) hope will be active one :]
    • BogdanMarin69
      BogdanMarin69
      Bronze
      Actually he had 98o for two better pairs on the flop. It is very possible that he would folded to a 3x raise and he would have definitely folded to a preflop shove. Do you think that is +ev to raise or shove with this hand?

Hello Sneaky and thank you for reading my blog. Do you play also 90mans tournaments? I hope for me that I'll start grinding the 180man very soon and forget about 90 :D
    • suitedaces1701
      suitedaces1701
      Platinum
      Donking on the flop might be better than checking back if the player is a calling station with all the scare cards that can come up on the turn.
      Other than that, I would have done the same thing and let villain bet (even if he didn't :P ). There's no need to just call his raise or even bet smaller on the turn imo. You have two pair and he will call with draws and top pair/weakish pair.
    • Rick21
      Rick21
      Bronze
      Hi Bogdan, Do you have skype? I am currently grinding $0.50 45/90 man tourneys, will be good to have a chat to someone playing the same type of tourneys as me
    • BogdanMarin69
      BogdanMarin69
      Bronze
      Hi Rick, I do have skype with the same id as here! Hope to hear from you soon and we'll start doing some sweatsession!
      Today i had little time to play so I decided to play some 45man 50c turbos. This session went not so well. I played about 25games and my bankroll went donw by 6$.

Current BR: 157$
    • GrrrRistic
      GrrrRistic
      Bronze
      G00d blog m8,u seems 2 me like gd player,am stuck at 150-ish br at few rooms n just go lil up/down,mite i'll try those multientri micro tours.. :spade: -ed
    • Rick21
      Rick21
      Bronze
      Ive sent you a request on skype, what times do you usually play?