Multi tabling

• gp00053
      gp00053
      Bronze
      How many NL cash 6 max tables do you think an average reg could play and still take notes on the other players they are playing against. I say on average no more than 8.

I would like some opinions from players who play multi tables. But all opinions are welcome
      Thanks
      Gp
  • 19 replies
    • mccol001
      mccol001
      Bronze
      I'd say like 8-12. I personally play 24 but still make a lot of effort into making notes but definitely should be doing more.
    • gp00053
      gp00053
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mccol001
      I'd say like 8-12. I personally play 24 but still make a lot of effort into making notes but definitely should be doing more.
      Thanks my friend. So you must take notes after the session?
    • getdotacom
      getdotacom
      Black
      I can take notes playing around 20 tables, when 24 tabling it's a little bit harder. But I think something around 12-16 is the money number where u can take any notes u want. Also note taking skill is very important. When u play 20 tables note shouldn't be longer than 4 words, otherwise it's very hard to find it and read it on time.
    • gp00053
      gp00053
      Bronze
      Originally posted by getdotacom
      I can take notes playing around 20 tables, when 24 tabling it's a little bit harder. But I think something around 12-16 is the money number where u can take any notes u want. Also note taking skill is very important. When u play 20 tables note shouldn't be longer than 4 words, otherwise it's very hard to find it and read it on time.
      Thank you very much. I take detailed notes that's why I said around 8 but ya I can see more tables if you take smaller notes. Again Thanks a lot
      Gp
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      yea i usually write/try to write long notes and time out
      and i usually have no time to read notes.

i think in general it's better to write very brief notes, and mostly for regs it's better to memorize as opposed to write.
    • lnternet
      lnternet
      Bronze
      I think hands / hour is a better measurement unit than #tables, because different sites have different dealing speeds, and of course there is turbo tables etc

Also depends a lot on your note taking system. If you write "hijack just called AA against 3bet from SB then raised allin flop 754tt" instead of "HJvSB c3b AA, rai 754s" you will need more time writing and reading notes.

Depends on your VPIP as well, if you play more hands you get more actions per minute.

In essence you are asking what APM you can play good poker at. And this is certainly not the same number for everyone. One player may have trouble keeping up with the action on four tables, while the other guy might be at 250apm 24 tabling, note taking, note reading, and chatting at the same time, while both players with $50 per hour.
    • LedZayats
      LedZayats
      Bronze
      For me 9-12 is quite comfortable, around 12-18 it gets hard, and 18+ is a definite timeout for me at some table if I start taking a note. But I should say I don't take notes too often.
    • gp00053
      gp00053
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml

i think in general it's better to write very brief notes, and mostly for regs it's better to memorize as opposed to write.
      I agree about long notes it sometimes can be difficult. I don't understand why you think it's better to try and memorize as opposed to writing. Especially if your a reg.
    • gp00053
      gp00053
      Bronze
      [quote][i]Originally posted by lnternet[/i

In essence you are asking what APM you can play good poker at. And this is certainly not the same number for everyone. One player may have trouble keeping up with the action on four tables, while the other guy might be at 250apm 24 tabling, note taking, note reading, and chatting at the same time, while both players with $50 per hour.[/quote]My question has nothing to do with hands per hour, VPIP and only a little bit with a players note taking system, or multiple sites.

The reason I'm asking about how many tables your average reg can play before their game goes on auto pilot, is I use number of tables someone plays in my color coding system along with some other info to quickly classify someone before I join the table. How many times do you see in posts here and other forums, " I just sat at the table and I don't really have any hands on any of the players, or don't recognize anyone.

I know how many short stacks are at the table, how many regs, how many weak players are at the table, how many casual players, how many players that I have stats and reads on and how many unknowns before i sit down and every time i sit with some one i add notes to their profile to build a better picture so I have a complete plan to attack or defend against them
    • Itsnevereasy
      Itsnevereasy
      Bronze
      For be its around 8. I find it challenging when I play more tables. But yeh this depends a lot on the site. I play on Cake, the timebank is pretty short.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Where can I learn how to take notes :D ?
    • gp00053
      gp00053
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeMarcohsp
      Where can I learn how to take notes :D ?
      Note taking is a personal preference thing, but iIf you're serious there's some good video's here to watch. We could also start a note taking thread.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      hey getdotacom, how do you manage to take notes while masstabling with the f focus-steal on stars? is there some way around the focus steal?

well, question goes to any stars mass-tabler who takes a lot of notes
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      i play 6max hypers and its too much action to take notes and with pokerstars build in color markings its not enough. is there any legal software were i could make some color flags before the game and then use it as second hud like just add little color flags to players were each color is for certain things?

tnx :)
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kruppe
      hey getdotacom, how do you manage to take notes while masstabling with the f focus-steal on stars? is there some way around the focus steal?

well, question goes to any stars mass-tabler who takes a lot of notes
      Options/Advanced multi-table options/ second check box "dont steal focus..."
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      OMG WHY DIDNT ISE EEES THAT 500k HANDS AGO

thanks
    • gp00053
      gp00053
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vuciitis
      i play 6max hypers and its too much action to take notes and with pokerstars build in color markings its not enough. is there any legal software were i could make some color flags before the game and then use it as second hud like just add little color flags to players were each color is for certain things?

tnx :)

If you mean something like Note Caddy for cash, but instead for S&G's. I'm not aware of any products. How many colors do you need?, with stars you can make 8 I think
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      with stars u can just put 1 color for each player, but i would need much more...
    • thesundancekid
      thesundancekid
      Bronze
      Hi i personally dont play anymore than 6 tabs, and when I do i now just TAG players fish or donk or shark and dont take notes.

If i play 2 or 3 tables i may take notes if i really feel i have to but generally I just tag players now.