This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 54s push river overbet

• mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      PartyGaming - $0.25 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): 100 BB
      SB: 41.52 BB
      BB: 45.96 BB
      UTG: 81.2 BB
      MP: 211.16 BB
      CO: 123.68 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 5:heart: 4:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 2 BB, fold, BB calls 1 BB

Flop: (4.4 BB, 2 players) 6:heart: 5:club: K:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets 3.12 BB, BB calls 3.12 BB

Turn: (10.64 BB, 2 players) Q:club:
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: (10.64 BB, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets 94.88 BB and is all-in, BB calls 40.84 BB and is all-in

BB shows K:diamond: 2:heart: (Two Pair, Kings and Fives) (Pre 52%, Flop 75%, Turn 89%)
      Hero shows 5:heart: 4:heart: (Three of a Kind, Fives) (Pre 48%, Flop 25%, Turn 11%)
      Hero wins 0 BB
      Hero wins 87.72 BB

460 hands, VPiP 25, PFR 18, 3b 11. FCB 63.

I assume if he called flop he mostly has Kx because of his high FCB. I give up on turn with equity.

Is my river push ok? He shows weakness so I suppose he has no nuts, and I push and expect him to call with Kx, because my line looks like bluff.
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Grrr! You posted results! :evil:

Pre and flop are both fine. Your hand can be turned into a bluff on a few favourable runouts and has folding equity on flop already.

Turn is indeed not too good but if he defends a hand such as 77 on flop, you can consider barreling. What you did up until turn is +EV so if you are unsure of the profitablity of a barrel there, checking is fine, will make money alongside pre and flop.

River is tough.. I expect him to bet most Kx himself so I would actually be more inclined to go for a very small sizing like 2.5-3.5bb instead of 4x pot because I just don't see what he could call with.

If you think he is a calling station I would be inclined to bet bigger but I would never think he calls Kx that plays board kicker to call 4x pot. I think you got lucky that he called but you didn't have any read that he could do that, not even a high WTSD stat.