This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [6NL River shove]

• iamheuru
      iamheuru
      Basic
      Villain is 20/12 and 3 bets 8.3% after 60 hands
      Table is breaking up and its 4 handed at this stage, Btn has 100bb stack and I have more.

Hero open in CO A :heart: Q :diamond: to $0.18

Btn 3 Bets to $0.63 - blinds fold

Hero Calls

Pot = $1.35

Flop - Q :heart: 2 :heart: 5 :heart:

Btn bets $0.95 [pot = $2.3]

Hero Calls [pot = $3.25]

Turn - Q :heart: 2 :heart: 5 :heart: 8 :spade:

Hero checks
      Btn Checks
      pot = $3.25

River - Q :heart: 2 :heart: 5 :heart: 8 :spade: 7 :spade:

Hero bets $1.40 Pot = $4.65
      Btn shoves for $4.42 Pot is $9.07

Hero calls $3.02

I was wondering about my flop c/c and was wondering if I should be c/r here?

Also the river call, I could only really see 77 in his value range and kinda taught that that bets the turn for a free SD some of the time, and I was getting 3:1. And villain in another hand had called flop and raised turn A on a pure bluff, but had just given up on the river. I called because I couldn't put him on that big a range for value and I was getting a good price.
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi iamheuru,

Preflop: I prefer not to call AQo OOP here because it will be hard for us to play postflop especially since we won't hit often. 4-bet/fold or just fold outright especially versus a larger 3bet IP.

Postflop: River bet/call is fine because I agree with you that he doesn't represent a lot (other than a made flush checking back but we have the NFD).

Plus we already know he is capable of bluffing.

Regarding the flop: I think that you can go either way but since we've seen villain capable of bluffing I don't mind calling to let him barrel the turn (he may even bluff at a 4th heart or call down light with a hand that may fold to a ck/raise).
    • iamheuru
      iamheuru
      Basic
      Thanks for your reply, The river bet was another question I had. I bet smallish on the river hoping for value of pairs less the Qx and maybe A hi that put me on 1 :heart: with the flop c/c.

I haven't being playing NL long and this is a spot that comes up often from what I have seen after ~20k hands. When I am going for value of a weak range HU oop is it too fishy to bet small like this, I almost never seem to get called.