Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.02)
      Hero ($6.59)
      UTG ($7.24)
      CO ($6.74)
      BTN ($7.11)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: A:spade:

fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.15, Hero raises to $0.45, SB raises to $1.30, Hero raises to $6.59 (AI), SB calls $3.72 (AI)

FLOP ($10.04) 2:diamond: 6:heart: 8:club:

TURN ($10.04) 2:diamond: 6:heart: 8:club: 7:diamond:

RIVER ($10.04) 2:diamond: 6:heart: 8:club: 7:diamond: 9:diamond:

Hero shows Q:club: A:spade:
      (Pre 28%, Flop 12.7%, Turn 6.8%)

SB shows K:spade: K:heart:
      (Pre 72%, Flop 87.3%, Turn 93.2%)

SB wins $9.38

I was quick to judge this fella, but i am having a massive problem with unknown reg 3betters, and unknown aggro regs, i usually stear clear of them and focus on fish, i don't have a better idea. I picked a bad time to play because 90% were reg and about 50% bought hands but i thought i have time they may make mistakes but the rake and information disadvantage points that it might be impossible to win, assuming they disappear after hundred or two hundred hands, which is usual.

Is it possible to win that game ?

Information vs no information + rake ?

Is buying hands mandatory to fight other regs, especially going up ?
  • 4 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

In this situation I would probably fold after a 4bet against a rather unknown opponent.
      One can argue about shoving being right of course, but this is only if we expect him to 4b bluff a lot.

To the other questions - I don't think buying hand is mandatory and yes - you can definitely beat the regs in those games if you try hard and learn more than them.

Usually, if someone happens to play a lot on these limits they either don't put enough volume or don't pay enough attention to studying so they make the same mistakes over and over and just have a slight edge against others.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Ferueda
      Ferueda
      Bronze
      Can we just call here? Since we are playing the rest of the hand IP?
    • druidulix
      druidulix
      Bronze
      without reads it seems quite spew to call the 4-bet, the thing that you have position isnt really that important if you consider the stack/pot ratio
    • Ferueda
      Ferueda
      Bronze
      I mean just call instead of 3betting.