NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.20)
      BB ($5.44)
      Hero ($5.66)
      UTG+1 ($3.64)
      CO ($2)
      BTN ($6.63)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: K:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.17, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB raises to $0.50, Hero raises to $1.20, BB calls $0.70

FLOP ($2.42) 7:diamond: 2:spade: A:spade:

BB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($2.42) 7:diamond: 2:spade: A:spade: 7:heart:

BB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($2.42) 7:diamond: 2:spade: A:spade: 7:heart: 4:club:

BB bets $1.55, Hero folds

BB wins $2.26

• 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Dracsharp,

Preflop: Looks fine

Postflop: Since we block 2 x K that means that he has at most 6 combos of AK. That's just as many as QQ and he may have JJ as well.

So without adding AQ in his range (he probably could have AQss) I prefer to actually bet the turn and check down the river. We are bet/folding around 1.2-1.3 or so.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      If he has the same combos for qq,ak we can't bet profitably, and i am not really expecting to turn his qq into bluff.

If he has ak,aq qq,tt,jj then 15 good for us 18 not , again valuebet is thin at best assuming he calls them all, but much better than "bluffcatch".

I wouldn't be surprised if he has aj too, so i was on cf.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      If he has the same combos for qq,ak we can't bet profitably, and i am not really expecting to turn his qq into bluff.

If he has ak,aq qq,tt,jj then 15 good for us 18 not , again valuebet is thin at best assuming he calls them all, but much better than "bluffcatch".

I wouldn't be surprised if he has aj too, so i was on cf.
      If you expect him to even have AJ then I agree with your play. It's a bit loose to consider he calls that loose vs a 4-bet.
    • druidulix
      druidulix
      Bronze
      I would most likely bet half pot on the turn to get a free showdown (its not like we care if he folds QQ, he might however try to value bet that on the river).
      Havent done the math, but if you think he has AJ, why wouldnt he bet, at least on the turn? Also, in that case he could probably have JJ/TT too.