This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [sh] nl 50 AK 3bet pot OOP vs flop check back

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Party, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $74.37 (148.7 bb)
      BTN: $78.88 (157.8 bb)
      Hero (SB): $55.87 (111.7 bb)
      BB: $52.34 (104.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A K
      CO raises to $1.50, BTN folds, Hero raises to $5.25, BB folds, CO calls $3.75

Flop: ($11) T 5 J (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($11) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $7.22, CO calls $7.22

River: ($25.44) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $43.40 and is all-in, CO folds

Results:
      $25.44 pot ($1.27 rake)
      Final Board: T 5 J J 3
      CO mucked and lost (-$12.47 net)
      Hero mucked A K and won $24.17 ($11.70 net)

I decided to not cbet this flop as I considered that he is hitting it with most of his range of mid stuff type hands. Though since I have nut non pair hand + gutshot this looks like the perfect hand for my bluffing range.

Anyways I check flop he checks back, I think he has little of the board, most likely a hand like 55-99 or Tx. I think he is likely to bet his air hands + stronger hands.

I decide to push him off those hands as I don't think he has the heart to make the call on the river and I still think I can have some slowplayed hands in my range like TT/JJ/AA/55
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi

While i agree jtx isnt the bst board for bluffing, we have two overs and a gutshot. U can always fire 2 streets on most turns too.

River is very dependent on opponent but i think u rep jx better than he does. Then again ur oberbet line looks a bit bluffy. Doesnt make too much sense for u to play aa kk this way when the turn brought another jack. Its also harder for u to rep aj kj.