[NL2-NL10] [6NL] AJo

• iamheuru
      iamheuru
      Basic
      I got myself lost in this hand, its 6 max, HJ is completely unknown and has ~90bb in his stack at the start of the hand

Pre flop pot = $0.09

UTG limps, HJ limps, Co Limps, Hero A :heart: J :club: raises to $0.45, Blinds fold, HJ calls and CO calls.

POT = $1.50

FLOP - 9 :spade: 2 :heart: 4 :spade:

HJ bets $0.42 - CO folds - Hero raises to $1.25 - HJ calls,
      POT = $4.00

TURN - 9 :spade: 2 :heart: 4 :spade: 2 :club:

HJ shoves for $3.42 - Hero Calls

Sorry if its dumb to post a hand like this but, I want to maybe get some feedback on what I was thinking when I played the hand.

Pre flop:
      3 limps to me on the btn, I taught I raise to take it down pre flop or a least get it HU with dead money in the pot. Did I raise enough or is calling and seeing a flop better?

On the flop:
      When HJ donked the flop, given the dead money from the limpers and the CO calling pre and folding on the flop, that with the small bet size I taught there was enough of a reason to fight for the pot. I had raised pre and my range looks very strong when I raise here. I had planned on barrling a non :spade: turn or v betting an A or J

On the turn:
      his range didnt make since to me, the 2 :club: has to be a brick because of the pre flop and flop action. Usually sets are jamming the flop v's me at these stakes as well as overpairs that he is playing fancy pre flop with. I called because I beat FD's and wacky bluffs and I have seen a number of villains on 888 bluffing when the board pairs.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi

PreFlop: Super standard. We raise for value/isolation/attacking the dead money. It just makes things way easier to play too

Flop: I think I would just give him. If you want to raise here I don't think he's folding flop very often so you need to be prepared to fire multiple barrels. I prefer raising here with at least one spade in my hand (As or Js) so we can barrel more Turn cards.

Note the remaining stack sizes left. HJ is a little short at the beginning, your preflop raise was abnormally large (suited to the situation, but way bigger than a normal 3BB open) and it was 3way.

Turn: This is interesting. We are getting maybe 31% pot odds? How loose is HJ preflop? It is great that we don't have any spade here when we want to bluff catch with AJ high. This makes it way more likely he has a flush draw himself.

I agree with your analysis, but it's uncertain whether you have enough equity to call here. he could play 9X weird, or he could even have some 2X combos given that he limped pre. Knowing how loose he is preflop allows you to assign him combos of 2X in his range (the most logical hand he is repping).

If he is on the tighter side, he shouldnt have too many 2X hands besides A2 and maybe K2s Q2s. If he is a huge station he could have Q2o+