This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5SH KK - Passive line postflop

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Preflop: I expected villains' preflop calling range to be something like: QQ-22,ATs+,KTs+,QTs+,JTs,ATo+,KTo+,QTo+

Flop: When villain donks the flop for this size I expect to see TP+ and sometimes QK, which I block so less likely. I thought raising would be overplayed so I figured I was either way ahead of one pair hands or way behind 2pr+, so just called for pot/control and bluff induce and re-evaluate future streets.

Turn: Villains bet sizing on the turn seemed really weak and I now thought it more likely that he could be donking QK. However, I didnt think this type of player would call a raise with TP so decided to continue playing WAWB.

River: Villains bet was so small on the river I decided to treat it like a check, because it seemed like he just didn't want to check the river to me. As a result if villain had checked to me on the river I would normally play bet/fold for about 1/2 pot and assume he isn't bluffing if I get 3b. I thought just calling the river would be neglecting a lot of value which is why I think raise/fold here is superior to calling.

PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (CO): $6.69
      BTN: $0.70
      SB: $6.39 17/9/3/5/14/46 hands - seems on the nitty side
      BB: $2.18
      UTG: $5.64

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has K:diamond: K:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.15, fold, SB calls $0.13, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.45, 3 players) J:club: 4:heart: T:spade:
      SB bets $0.20, fold, Hero calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.85, 2 players) 2:club:
      SB bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25

River: ($1.35, 2 players) 3:heart:
      SB bets $0.15, Hero raises to $0.80, SB calls $0.65

Hero shows K:diamond: K:heart: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 71%, Flop 80%, Turn 89%)
      SB mucks J:spade: A:diamond: (One Pair, Jacks) (Pre 29%, Flop 20%, Turn 11%)
      Hero wins $2.83
  • 4 replies
    • druidulix
      druidulix
      Bronze
      I would raise on the flop, I think you loose value by just calling. He could deff. be donking with some KQ or AJ/KJ and unless you make the raise really big he's most likely not folding any of those hands.
      Otherwise, raise turn (same reason, reeeeeeeally looks like a draw to me).

The river is a little bit more interesting. Your previous thought was that you were way ahead/way behind so what are calling you that you beat?
      I dont mean that its wrong to raise, just that it wasnt really a way ahead/way behind situation.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I'm definitely either raising Flop or Turn. And this is def not a WA WB situation. JTX board has so many straight draws. Also I think once he bets so small on the Turn you have best hand so often that you should raise Turn.

Should you raise the Flop? I actually think you should. I don't think people donk the nuts very often and I just think you have the best hand here 80% of the time.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      I just thought that his flop donk bet seems so strong when he just leads into two played OOP for 1/2 pot.

Whats you plan against a 3b? If we assume he plays bet/broke with AJ here then can we go broke profitably here, even if he doesn't do this with any other JX or draw?

Board: J:club: 4:heart: T:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      CO     57.27%  57.27%   0.00% { KdKh }
      SB     42.73%  42.73%   0.00% { QQ, JdJh, JdJs, JhJs, TdTh, TdTc, ThTc, 4d4s, 4d4c, 4s4c, AdJd, AhJh, AsJs, JdTd, JhTh, AdJh, AdJs, AhJd, AhJs, AsJd, AsJh, AcJd, AcJh, AcJs }

My problem at the moment is identifying spots where I can raise/fold or raise/broke IP both as the PFA'r and non PFA'r

thanks
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I really dislike the line Raise/Folding on any street in MOST circumstances, Unless you can be fairly certain that

1) there is a lot of value to be had - You get called by worse a lot
      2) You can confidently fold to a reraise, knowing that you are crushed by that range

I don't think I like raise/folding here, esp if he could easily bet/3bet with KQ/AJ/KJ.

I missed out the fact that the flop was 3way, so I think I prefer call Flop and raise turn (turn size tells us we have the best hand usually).