[NL2-NL10] NL5SH KK - Passive line postflop

• muel294
      Preflop: I expected villains' preflop calling range to be something like: QQ-22,ATs+,KTs+,QTs+,JTs,ATo+,KTo+,QTo+

Flop: When villain donks the flop for this size I expect to see TP+ and sometimes QK, which I block so less likely. I thought raising would be overplayed so I figured I was either way ahead of one pair hands or way behind 2pr+, so just called for pot/control and bluff induce and re-evaluate future streets.

Turn: Villains bet sizing on the turn seemed really weak and I now thought it more likely that he could be donking QK. However, I didnt think this type of player would call a raise with TP so decided to continue playing WAWB.

River: Villains bet was so small on the river I decided to treat it like a check, because it seemed like he just didn't want to check the river to me. As a result if villain had checked to me on the river I would normally play bet/fold for about 1/2 pot and assume he isn't bluffing if I get 3b. I thought just calling the river would be neglecting a lot of value which is why I think raise/fold here is superior to calling.

PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (CO): $6.69
      BTN: $0.70
      SB: $6.39 17/9/3/5/14/46 hands - seems on the nitty side
      BB: $2.18
      UTG: $5.64

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has K:diamond: K:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.15, fold, SB calls $0.13, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.45, 3 players) J:club: 4:heart: T:spade:
      SB bets $0.20, fold, Hero calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.85, 2 players) 2:club:
      SB bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25

River: ($1.35, 2 players) 3:heart:
      SB bets $0.15, Hero raises to $0.80, SB calls $0.65

Hero shows K:diamond: K:heart: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 71%, Flop 80%, Turn 89%)
      SB mucks J:spade: A:diamond: (One Pair, Jacks) (Pre 29%, Flop 20%, Turn 11%)
      Hero wins $2.83
  • 4 replies
    • druidulix
      I would raise on the flop, I think you loose value by just calling. He could deff. be donking with some KQ or AJ/KJ and unless you make the raise really big he's most likely not folding any of those hands.
      Otherwise, raise turn (same reason, reeeeeeeally looks like a draw to me).

The river is a little bit more interesting. Your previous thought was that you were way ahead/way behind so what are calling you that you beat?
      I dont mean that its wrong to raise, just that it wasnt really a way ahead/way behind situation.
    • mbml

I'm definitely either raising Flop or Turn. And this is def not a WA WB situation. JTX board has so many straight draws. Also I think once he bets so small on the Turn you have best hand so often that you should raise Turn.

Should you raise the Flop? I actually think you should. I don't think people donk the nuts very often and I just think you have the best hand here 80% of the time.
    • muel294
      I just thought that his flop donk bet seems so strong when he just leads into two played OOP for 1/2 pot.

Whats you plan against a 3b? If we assume he plays bet/broke with AJ here then can we go broke profitably here, even if he doesn't do this with any other JX or draw?

Board: J:club: 4:heart: T:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      CO     57.27%  57.27%   0.00% { KdKh }
      SB     42.73%  42.73%   0.00% { QQ, JdJh, JdJs, JhJs, TdTh, TdTc, ThTc, 4d4s, 4d4c, 4s4c, AdJd, AhJh, AsJs, JdTd, JhTh, AdJh, AdJs, AhJd, AhJs, AsJd, AsJh, AcJd, AcJh, AcJs }

My problem at the moment is identifying spots where I can raise/fold or raise/broke IP both as the PFA'r and non PFA'r

• mbml

I really dislike the line Raise/Folding on any street in MOST circumstances, Unless you can be fairly certain that

1) there is a lot of value to be had - You get called by worse a lot
      2) You can confidently fold to a reraise, knowing that you are crushed by that range

I don't think I like raise/folding here, esp if he could easily bet/3bet with KQ/AJ/KJ.

I missed out the fact that the flop was 3way, so I think I prefer call Flop and raise turn (turn size tells us we have the best hand usually).